To say the Kiwis are all-in over native son Peter Jackson‘s locally shot The Hobbit trilogy is putting it lightly. Wellington, New Zealand’s capital city, is calling itself The Middle Of Middle-earth, and there’s a giant clock atop the Embassy adorned with an image of Martin Freeman as Bilbo counting down the minutes to the premiere of the first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, in November. Now even Jackson (see if you can catch his Hitchcock-esque cameo) and Andy Serkis are aboard with Air New Zealand‘s new pre-flight instruction video. Maybe these branded pre-flights will catch on (Denzel Washington’s Flight, we’re not talking to you).
Air New Zealand Gets In ‘Hobbit’ Spirit: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment