To say the Kiwis are all-in over native son Peter Jackson‘s locally shot The Hobbit trilogy is putting it lightly. Wellington, New Zealand’s capital city, is calling itself The Middle Of Middle-earth, and there’s a giant clock atop the Embassy adorned with an image of Martin Freeman as Bilbo counting down the minutes to the premiere of the first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, in November. Now even Jackson (see if you can catch his Hitchcock-esque cameo) and Andy Serkis are aboard with Air New Zealand‘s new pre-flight instruction video. Maybe these branded pre-flights will catch on (Denzel Washington’s Flight, we’re not talking to you).
Air New Zealand Gets In ‘Hobbit’ Spirit: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
Latest Film News
- ‘Burden’ Creatives & Cast Speak On The Film’s Universal “Story Of Hope”…
- ‘Monster’ Director Anthony Mandler Reteams With Bron For ‘Man Of Cloth’ – Sundance
- ‘Lizzie’ Director Craig William Macneill Set To Helm ‘She’s Never Coming Back’
- Sophia Bush, Jonathan Banks & Isabella Rossellini Join ‘Incredibles 2’
- Aneesh Chaganty Looked To The Computer Screen As A Canvas For ‘Search’ — Sundance Studio
- ‘What They Had’ Sundance Clip: Hilary Swank, Michael Shannon, Robert Forster & Blythe Danner In…