Rising British actress Hayley Atwell will play a policewoman who becomes obsessed with tracking down the killer of a 15-year-old girl in ITV’s just-commissioned Life Of Crime. The series comes from Ecosse Films, the company behind the upcoming Princess Diana biopic with Naomi Watts and the original UK format of Mistresses, whose U.S. version ABC picked up for next summer. Told in three parts over three decades, the series begins against the backdrop of London’s Brixton riots in 1985 when Atwell’s rookie cop discovers the body of a murdered girl. The drama then follows her professional and personal struggles picking up again in 1997 and 2013. Waking The Dead and Ripper Street‘s Declan Croghan is writing the drama that Oranges & Sunshine‘s Jim Loach will direct. Life Of Crime is produced by Emma Kingsman-Lloyd with Ecosse’s Douglas Rae and Michael Parke exec producing. Ireland’s Octagon Films is co-producer. Atwell, repped by CAA and UK-based Hamilton Hodell, recently appeared in Captain America and The Sweeney and will be seen in the upcoming Sundance Channel/BBC miniseries adaptation of William Boyd’s Restless alongside Rufus Sewell, Michelle Dockery, Charlotte Rampling and Michael Gambon.
Hayley Atwell To Topline ITV’s Decades-Spanning Cop Drama ‘Life Of Crime’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award
- ‘Mockingjay’ Lands At $144.5M As China & Caution In Europe Squeeze Hwd – Intl B.O. Final
- UK Cinemas Respond To Church Of England Criticism Over Refusal To Run Religious Ad Before ‘Star Wars’