Rising British actress Hayley Atwell will play a policewoman who becomes obsessed with tracking down the killer of a 15-year-old girl in ITV’s just-commissioned Life Of Crime. The series comes from Ecosse Films, the company behind the upcoming Princess Diana biopic with Naomi Watts and the original UK format of Mistresses, whose U.S. version ABC picked up for next summer. Told in three parts over three decades, the series begins against the backdrop of London’s Brixton riots in 1985 when Atwell’s rookie cop discovers the body of a murdered girl. The drama then follows her professional and personal struggles picking up again in 1997 and 2013. Waking The Dead and Ripper Street‘s Declan Croghan is writing the drama that Oranges & Sunshine‘s Jim Loach will direct. Life Of Crime is produced by Emma Kingsman-Lloyd with Ecosse’s Douglas Rae and Michael Parke exec producing. Ireland’s Octagon Films is co-producer. Atwell, repped by CAA and UK-based Hamilton Hodell, recently appeared in Captain America and The Sweeney and will be seen in the upcoming Sundance Channel/BBC miniseries adaptation of William Boyd’s Restless alongside Rufus Sewell, Michelle Dockery, Charlotte Rampling and Michael Gambon.
Hayley Atwell To Topline ITV’s Decades-Spanning Cop Drama ‘Life Of Crime’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest International News
- Oscars: A Preview Of Foreign Language Shortlist Possibles From A World Of Cinema
- ‘Coco’ Spirits Across $400M At Global Box Office
- ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ Trailer: Clint Eastwood’s Real-Life Heroes In Action
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ London Premiere Is Royal Stormtrooper Affair
- Universal Pictures Crosses $5 Billion At Global Box Office Driven By ‘Fate Of The Furious,’ ‘DM3’
- Disney-Fox: What Are The International Implications?