Actor and former daytime talk show host Gary Collins died early today at a hospital in Biloxi, Miss. Collins, 74, died of natural causes according to the county coroner. Collins hosted the syndicated Hour Magazine talk show in the 1980s and starred in the TV series The Sixth Sense, The Wackiest Ship In The Army and Born Free. He also guest-starred in TV series such as The Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, Fantasy Island and numerous others from the 1960s through the 1990s. Movie work included roles in Airport and Angel in My Pocket. Collins also served as host of the Miss America Pageant in the mid-to-late 1980s. He was married to actress Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America.
R.I.P. Gary Collins
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Snoop Dogg & Daz Dillinger Fire Up Drama Series Based On Their Early Days
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon & Geraldine Viswanathan Make ‘The Pact’
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Estonian Folk Tale ‘November’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Tribeca
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer-Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…