Actor and former daytime talk show host Gary Collins died early today at a hospital in Biloxi, Miss. Collins, 74, died of natural causes according to the county coroner. Collins hosted the syndicated Hour Magazine talk show in the 1980s and starred in the TV series The Sixth Sense, The Wackiest Ship In The Army and Born Free. He also guest-starred in TV series such as The Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, Fantasy Island and numerous others from the 1960s through the 1990s. Movie work included roles in Airport and Angel in My Pocket. Collins also served as host of the Miss America Pageant in the mid-to-late 1980s. He was married to actress Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America.
R.I.P. Gary Collins
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More