Actor and former daytime talk show host Gary Collins died early today at a hospital in Biloxi, Miss. Collins, 74, died of natural causes according to the county coroner. Collins hosted the syndicated Hour Magazine talk show in the 1980s and starred in the TV series The Sixth Sense, The Wackiest Ship In The Army and Born Free. He also guest-starred in TV series such as The Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, Fantasy Island and numerous others from the 1960s through the 1990s. Movie work included roles in Airport and Angel in My Pocket. Collins also served as host of the Miss America Pageant in the mid-to-late 1980s. He was married to actress Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America.
R.I.P. Gary Collins
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Has Decided To Fight For His Survival At Paramount–Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe