Actor and former daytime talk show host Gary Collins died early today at a hospital in Biloxi, Miss. Collins, 74, died of natural causes according to the county coroner. Collins hosted the syndicated Hour Magazine talk show in the 1980s and starred in the TV series The Sixth Sense, The Wackiest Ship In The Army and Born Free. He also guest-starred in TV series such as The Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, Fantasy Island and numerous others from the 1960s through the 1990s. Movie work included roles in Airport and Angel in My Pocket. Collins also served as host of the Miss America Pageant in the mid-to-late 1980s. He was married to actress Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America.
R.I.P. Gary Collins
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?