Actor and former daytime talk show host Gary Collins died early today at a hospital in Biloxi, Miss. Collins, 74, died of natural causes according to the county coroner. Collins hosted the syndicated Hour Magazine talk show in the 1980s and starred in the TV series The Sixth Sense, The Wackiest Ship In The Army and Born Free. He also guest-starred in TV series such as The Love Boat, Charlie’s Angels, Fantasy Island and numerous others from the 1960s through the 1990s. Movie work included roles in Airport and Angel in My Pocket. Collins also served as host of the Miss America Pageant in the mid-to-late 1980s. He was married to actress Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America.
R.I.P. Gary Collins
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video