Gary Cole has been cast in a major recurring role on the upcoming second season of HBO‘s comedy Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Vice President Selina Meyer. I hear Cole will appear in as many as eight of the 10 episodes from Veep‘s second season. Details about his character are being kept under wraps, but I hear he will play a Karl Rove-type of character named Kent. On Veep, Cole joins another new cast addition, Kevin Dunn, recently tapped to recur as Ben, the President’s Chief of Staff. This marks Cole’s return to ,where he recurred on Entourage. He also has done arcs on The Good Wife and Hart Of Dixie. Cole recently signed with Gersh after a long stint at ICM. He is managed by Barbara Gale.
Gary Cole Joins HBO Comedy ‘Veep’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate