Gary Cole has been cast in a major recurring role on the upcoming second season of HBO‘s comedy Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Vice President Selina Meyer. I hear Cole will appear in as many as eight of the 10 episodes from Veep‘s second season. Details about his character are being kept under wraps, but I hear he will play a Karl Rove-type of character named Kent. On Veep, Cole joins another new cast addition, Kevin Dunn, recently tapped to recur as Ben, the President’s Chief of Staff. This marks Cole’s return to ,where he recurred on Entourage. He also has done arcs on The Good Wife and Hart Of Dixie. Cole recently signed with Gersh after a long stint at ICM. He is managed by Barbara Gale.
Gary Cole Joins HBO Comedy ‘Veep’
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- ‘Grace And Frankie’: Marta Kauffman On Season 3, Dolly Parton & Why It’s Great To Be A Woman