Gary Cole has been cast in a major recurring role on the upcoming second season of HBO‘s comedy Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Vice President Selina Meyer. I hear Cole will appear in as many as eight of the 10 episodes from Veep‘s second season. Details about his character are being kept under wraps, but I hear he will play a Karl Rove-type of character named Kent. On Veep, Cole joins another new cast addition, Kevin Dunn, recently tapped to recur as Ben, the President’s Chief of Staff. This marks Cole’s return to ,where he recurred on Entourage. He also has done arcs on The Good Wife and Hart Of Dixie. Cole recently signed with Gersh after a long stint at ICM. He is managed by Barbara Gale.
Gary Cole Joins HBO Comedy ‘Veep’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations