The upcoming 12th season of American Idol, featuring new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, will open with a two-night premiere on Wednesday, January 16 (8-10 PM) and Thursday, January 17 (8-9 PM). The following Monday, January 21, Fox’s anticipated new drama The Following, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy, will make its series debut in the 9 PM slot, following Bones. And Touch, originally slated for a fall launch in the Friday 8 PM slot, will premiere its second season February 1. It will air in the Friday 9 PM slot, succeeding departing Fringe and likely getting a Gordon Ramsay lead-in. (Fox will run Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares in the hour beginning this Friday.) The only remaining scripted Fox series with no premiere date is comedy The Goodwin Games, which will likely replace Ben And Kate in Fox’s comedy block in midseason.
Fox Sets Midseason Premiere Dates For ‘American Idol’, ‘The Following’ And ‘Touch’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage