The upcoming 12th season of American Idol, featuring new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, will open with a two-night premiere on Wednesday, January 16 (8-10 PM) and Thursday, January 17 (8-9 PM). The following Monday, January 21, Fox’s anticipated new drama The Following, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy, will make its series debut in the 9 PM slot, following Bones. And Touch, originally slated for a fall launch in the Friday 8 PM slot, will premiere its second season February 1. It will air in the Friday 9 PM slot, succeeding departing Fringe and likely getting a Gordon Ramsay lead-in. (Fox will run Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares in the hour beginning this Friday.) The only remaining scripted Fox series with no premiere date is comedy The Goodwin Games, which will likely replace Ben And Kate in Fox’s comedy block in midseason.
Fox Sets Midseason Premiere Dates For ‘American Idol’, ‘The Following’ And ‘Touch’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric & CBS Studios
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast