The upcoming 12th season of American Idol, featuring new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, will open with a two-night premiere on Wednesday, January 16 (8-10 PM) and Thursday, January 17 (8-9 PM). The following Monday, January 21, Fox’s anticipated new drama The Following, starring Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy, will make its series debut in the 9 PM slot, following Bones. And Touch, originally slated for a fall launch in the Friday 8 PM slot, will premiere its second season February 1. It will air in the Friday 9 PM slot, succeeding departing Fringe and likely getting a Gordon Ramsay lead-in. (Fox will run Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares in the hour beginning this Friday.) The only remaining scripted Fox series with no premiere date is comedy The Goodwin Games, which will likely replace Ben And Kate in Fox’s comedy block in midseason.
Fox Sets Midseason Premiere Dates For ‘American Idol’, ‘The Following’ And ‘Touch’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate