EXCLUSIVE: Fox is showing its confidence in The Mindy Project, which has been plagued with pre-emptions this fall. The network has given an order for two additional episodes to the freshman comedy. The pickup comes on the same day the network announced that Mindy Project will be benched next week for The X Factor after it was pre-empted for the second Presidential debate this week and that it will take another week off on Election Night, November 6. Mindy Project, created by and starring Mindy Kaling, already received a back-nine order for a full-season 22 episodes earlier this month, so the additional pickup will bring the number of episodes in the show’s freshman season to 24. That will likely lead to very few repeats in the second half of the season. Mindy Project, produced by 3 Arts and Universal TV, logged a 1.9 Live+Same Day rating in adults 18-49 for its two most recent airings. Its series premiere received a 29% DVR boost in Live+7 to a 3.1.
Fox Orders Two More Episodes Of ‘The Mindy Project’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline: The Choice 2016…
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing & Fingernails – TCA
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV