EXCLUSIVE: Fox is showing its confidence in The Mindy Project, which has been plagued with pre-emptions this fall. The network has given an order for two additional episodes to the freshman comedy. The pickup comes on the same day the network announced that Mindy Project will be benched next week for The X Factor after it was pre-empted for the second Presidential debate this week and that it will take another week off on Election Night, November 6. Mindy Project, created by and starring Mindy Kaling, already received a back-nine order for a full-season 22 episodes earlier this month, so the additional pickup will bring the number of episodes in the show’s freshman season to 24. That will likely lead to very few repeats in the second half of the season. Mindy Project, produced by 3 Arts and Universal TV, logged a 1.9 Live+Same Day rating in adults 18-49 for its two most recent airings. Its series premiere received a 29% DVR boost in Live+7 to a 3.1.
Fox Orders Two More Episodes Of ‘The Mindy Project’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race