EXCLUSIVE: Fox is showing its confidence in The Mindy Project, which has been plagued with pre-emptions this fall. The network has given an order for two additional episodes to the freshman comedy. The pickup comes on the same day the network announced that Mindy Project will be benched next week for The X Factor after it was pre-empted for the second Presidential debate this week and that it will take another week off on Election Night, November 6. Mindy Project, created by and starring Mindy Kaling, already received a back-nine order for a full-season 22 episodes earlier this month, so the additional pickup will bring the number of episodes in the show’s freshman season to 24. That will likely lead to very few repeats in the second half of the season. Mindy Project, produced by 3 Arts and Universal TV, logged a 1.9 Live+Same Day rating in adults 18-49 for its two most recent airings. Its series premiere received a 29% DVR boost in Live+7 to a 3.1.
Fox Orders Two More Episodes Of ‘The Mindy Project’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive