Fox News Channel’s primetime coverage last night of Hurricane Sandy came in first place among the cable news networks, but CNN was tops in the 25-54 demographic. Fox News had 3.54 million viewers and 875,000 in the demo Monday night, according to Nielsen. CNN had 2.34 million viewers last night but 1.008 million in the 25-54 demo. MSNBC was third among the cable news networks in viewership and the demo, drawing 1.4 million viewers on average with 477,000 in the demo. Fox News’ Fox Report With Shepard Smith was the most watched show of the night among the cable news networks. The 8 PM hour of the show, which ran from 7-9 PM last night, garnered 3.94 million viewers on average, with 924,000 in the demo. Typically, The O’Reilly Factor is shown in that slot on Fox News. Anderson Cooper 360, also in the 8 PM slot, was the second-most-watched cable news show of the night with an audience of 2.35 million, but it beat Smith in the demo with 1.02 million watching. CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight had the highest demo audience of the night, with 1.04 million adults 25-54 watching the 9 PM show.
Fox News’ Hurricane Sandy Coverage Tops Cable News In Viewers; CNN #1 In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest TV News
- Feds Want ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller To Get 2.5 Years In Prison For Fraud Case
- Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ Case Gets Tossed – Again
- Kourtney Kang Coming-Of-Age Comedy Gets NBC Pilot Order, Casts Young Lead
- ‘Queen Of The South’: Yancey Arias Set To Recur In Season 2
- Obama Vs. Trump Inauguration Crowd Size: Photos Tell Story
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Finale: Creator On Topanga’s Choice, New Network Search & Season 4