Fox News Channel’s primetime coverage last night of Hurricane Sandy came in first place among the cable news networks, but CNN was tops in the 25-54 demographic. Fox News had 3.54 million viewers and 875,000 in the demo Monday night, according to Nielsen. CNN had 2.34 million viewers last night but 1.008 million in the 25-54 demo. MSNBC was third among the cable news networks in viewership and the demo, drawing 1.4 million viewers on average with 477,000 in the demo. Fox News’ Fox Report With Shepard Smith was the most watched show of the night among the cable news networks. The 8 PM hour of the show, which ran from 7-9 PM last night, garnered 3.94 million viewers on average, with 924,000 in the demo. Typically, The O’Reilly Factor is shown in that slot on Fox News. Anderson Cooper 360, also in the 8 PM slot, was the second-most-watched cable news show of the night with an audience of 2.35 million, but it beat Smith in the demo with 1.02 million watching. CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight had the highest demo audience of the night, with 1.04 million adults 25-54 watching the 9 PM show.
Fox News’ Hurricane Sandy Coverage Tops Cable News In Viewers; CNN #1 In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Opens First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers