Fox International Channels has acquired first run pay-TV rights to René Balcer‘s upcoming crime series Jo in more than 120 territories. The English-language series, formerly titled Le Grand, stars Jean Reno as a veteran detective in Paris’ elite Criminal Brigade who stops at nothing to solve the most challenging murder cases. Also starring are Jill Hennessy, The Borgias‘ Tom Austen and newcomer Heida Reed. The hourlong drama is from Atlantique Productions with Red Arrow International handling sales. FIC has picked up the series in territories that include Latin America, Africa, Italy, Korea, Russia, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Poland and Turkey. Law & Order vet Balcer is showrunner and exec producer. Also writing and producing are co-creators Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva. Directors include Charlotte Sieling and Kristoffer Nyholm, both helmers of the original Danish version of The Killing, Stefan Schwartz (Dexter) and Sheree Folkson (Hit And Miss).
Fox International Channels In Pay-TV Deal On René Balcer’s Jean Reno Cop Series ‘Jo’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More