Fox International Channels has acquired first run pay-TV rights to René Balcer‘s upcoming crime series Jo in more than 120 territories. The English-language series, formerly titled Le Grand, stars Jean Reno as a veteran detective in Paris’ elite Criminal Brigade who stops at nothing to solve the most challenging murder cases. Also starring are Jill Hennessy, The Borgias‘ Tom Austen and newcomer Heida Reed. The hourlong drama is from Atlantique Productions with Red Arrow International handling sales. FIC has picked up the series in territories that include Latin America, Africa, Italy, Korea, Russia, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Poland and Turkey. Law & Order vet Balcer is showrunner and exec producer. Also writing and producing are co-creators Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva. Directors include Charlotte Sieling and Kristoffer Nyholm, both helmers of the original Danish version of The Killing, Stefan Schwartz (Dexter) and Sheree Folkson (Hit And Miss).
Fox International Channels In Pay-TV Deal On René Balcer’s Jean Reno Cop Series ‘Jo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2