Fox International Channels has acquired first run pay-TV rights to René Balcer‘s upcoming crime series Jo in more than 120 territories. The English-language series, formerly titled Le Grand, stars Jean Reno as a veteran detective in Paris’ elite Criminal Brigade who stops at nothing to solve the most challenging murder cases. Also starring are Jill Hennessy, The Borgias‘ Tom Austen and newcomer Heida Reed. The hourlong drama is from Atlantique Productions with Red Arrow International handling sales. FIC has picked up the series in territories that include Latin America, Africa, Italy, Korea, Russia, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Poland and Turkey. Law & Order vet Balcer is showrunner and exec producer. Also writing and producing are co-creators Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva. Directors include Charlotte Sieling and Kristoffer Nyholm, both helmers of the original Danish version of The Killing, Stefan Schwartz (Dexter) and Sheree Folkson (Hit And Miss).
Fox International Channels In Pay-TV Deal On René Balcer’s Jean Reno Cop Series ‘Jo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest International News
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $14.9M On Day One Overseas
- STX Boards ‘Mr Robot’ Creator Sam Esmail’s ‘Sequels, Remakes & Adaptations’
- ‘Minute To Win It’s Smart Dog Media Bringing China’s ‘Super Combat Teams’ To U.S.