The Robert Zemeckis-directed Flight with Denzel Washington made its premiere as the closing night film of the New York Film Festival last Sunday. Washington plays a commercial airline pilot with a drinking and substance abuse problem that comes to light after executing a landing that would have left Sully shaking his head. I was at the premiere, and it is a crazily upsetting sequence. Here is a clip showing the pilot’s attempt to pull the airliner out of a precipitous dive that is usually fatal. Between the plane crash Zemeckis films in his last live action film Cast Away and now this new entry, the director is doing for commercial airline travel what Marathon Man did for dentistry.
Hot Clip: ‘Flight’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway, Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Novel ‘Live Fast Die Hot’
- ‘On The Milky Road’: Emir Kusturica Woos Monica Bellucci, With Pumpkins – Venice
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos