Film Independent has chosen 8 projects and 12 filmmakers for its 12th annual Producing Lab sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The foundation focuses on projects about science and technology. The intensive five-week program offers promising producers a supportive environment to help move projects into production. Projects and participants are Alaska Is A Drag (Kaz Kipp); And Then I Go (Rebecca Green, Laura D. Smith); Imperial Dreams (Katherine Fairfax Wright, Malik Vitthal); Jack of the Red Hearts (Lucy Mukerjee, Janet Grillo); Manos Sucias (Márcia Nunes, Elena Greenlee); Resonance (Katie Knab); Snow in April (Van Hayden); Unmanned (Casey Fenton, who also will receive a $25,000 development grant from the Sloan Foundation).
Film Independent Names Lab Participants
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video