Film Independent has chosen 8 projects and 12 filmmakers for its 12th annual Producing Lab sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. The foundation focuses on projects about science and technology. The intensive five-week program offers promising producers a supportive environment to help move projects into production. Projects and participants are Alaska Is A Drag (Kaz Kipp); And Then I Go (Rebecca Green, Laura D. Smith); Imperial Dreams (Katherine Fairfax Wright, Malik Vitthal); Jack of the Red Hearts (Lucy Mukerjee, Janet Grillo); Manos Sucias (Márcia Nunes, Elena Greenlee); Resonance (Katie Knab); Snow in April (Van Hayden); Unmanned (Casey Fenton, who also will receive a $25,000 development grant from the Sloan Foundation).
Film Independent Names Lab Participants
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists