EXCLUSIVE: ARC Entertainment has acquired domestic theatrical and home entertainment rights to Family Weekend, a comedy that stars Kristin Chenoweth, Matthew Modine and Olesya Rulin. Benjamin Epps directed the pic, about an overachieving 16-year-old (Rulin) who takes her parents hostage after they miss her big jump-roping competition — the latest blow that reveals her folks’ lack of support and guidance. Matt K. Turner wrote the script. Adam Saunders and Chris Aronoff produced through their Footprint Features in association with The Bedford Falls Co; Youmi N. Ma executive produced. The deal was negotiated by ARC president Rich Goldberg and Peter Jarowey and The Film Sales Co’s Andrew Herwitz on behalf of the filmmakers. ARC’s recent releases include Nitro Circus, The Way, Seven Days In Utopia and Senna.
Arc Entertainment Nabs ‘Family Weekend’ Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More