EXCLUSIVE: ARC Entertainment has acquired domestic theatrical and home entertainment rights to Family Weekend, a comedy that stars Kristin Chenoweth, Matthew Modine and Olesya Rulin. Benjamin Epps directed the pic, about an overachieving 16-year-old (Rulin) who takes her parents hostage after they miss her big jump-roping competition — the latest blow that reveals her folks’ lack of support and guidance. Matt K. Turner wrote the script. Adam Saunders and Chris Aronoff produced through their Footprint Features in association with The Bedford Falls Co; Youmi N. Ma executive produced. The deal was negotiated by ARC president Rich Goldberg and Peter Jarowey and The Film Sales Co’s Andrew Herwitz on behalf of the filmmakers. ARC’s recent releases include Nitro Circus, The Way, Seven Days In Utopia and Senna.
Arc Entertainment Nabs ‘Family Weekend’ Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle