David Chalian has been named VP of video programming at Politico, the site reported today. Chalian was fired as Yahoo News Washington Bureau Chief during the Republican National Convention after he was caught on open mic over a break during an ABC News/Yahoo News webcast saying Mitt Romney and his wife Anne were “not concerned at all” about African Americans suffering because of Hurricane Isaac and were “happy to have a party with black people drowning”. He was referring to the fact that the convention was taking place as Isaac made landfall on the north Gulf coast. Politico Editor In Chief John Harris told Dylan Byers “David screwed up, admitted he screwed up and paid the price of losing his job for screwing up”. He added that Chalian has “made clear that remark did not reflect his personal views or professional standards”.
Ex-Yahoo Newsman Fired Over Romney Open Mic Comments Lands At Politico
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…