David Chalian has been named VP of video programming at Politico, the site reported today. Chalian was fired as Yahoo News Washington Bureau Chief during the Republican National Convention after he was caught on open mic over a break during an ABC News/Yahoo News webcast saying Mitt Romney and his wife Anne were “not concerned at all” about African Americans suffering because of Hurricane Isaac and were “happy to have a party with black people drowning”. He was referring to the fact that the convention was taking place as Isaac made landfall on the north Gulf coast. Politico Editor In Chief John Harris told Dylan Byers “David screwed up, admitted he screwed up and paid the price of losing his job for screwing up”. He added that Chalian has “made clear that remark did not reflect his personal views or professional standards”.
Ex-Yahoo Newsman Fired Over Romney Open Mic Comments Lands At Politico
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'