David Chalian has been named VP of video programming at Politico, the site reported today. Chalian was fired as Yahoo News Washington Bureau Chief during the Republican National Convention after he was caught on open mic over a break during an ABC News/Yahoo News webcast saying Mitt Romney and his wife Anne were “not concerned at all” about African Americans suffering because of Hurricane Isaac and were “happy to have a party with black people drowning”. He was referring to the fact that the convention was taking place as Isaac made landfall on the north Gulf coast. Politico Editor In Chief John Harris told Dylan Byers “David screwed up, admitted he screwed up and paid the price of losing his job for screwing up”. He added that Chalian has “made clear that remark did not reflect his personal views or professional standards”.
Ex-Yahoo Newsman Fired Over Romney Open Mic Comments Lands At Politico
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…