Yes this is a teaser trailer (the full one comes tomorrow) but unlike some other promos this one actually succeeds in teasing. Longtime fans have been split about rebooting Evil Dead, but originators Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are involved, and it sounds like Campbell for one knows exactly what’s expected of the remake, being directed by Fede Alvarez. Sony‘s TriStar is releasing the pic April 12, 2013 as part of a deal with Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures and FilmDistrict.
Hot Teaser Trailer: ‘Evil Dead’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'