DreamWorks Animation SKG today announced that head of animation technology Lincoln Wallen has been named Chief Technology Officer. “With pixels replacing paint as the artistic medium for animation, cutting-edge technology has become key to creating films that are ever more visually spectacular,” COO Ann Daly said in a statement. “As our Head of Animation Technology, Lincoln helped get us to this transformative moment and as CTO, he will be instrumental in leading us to exciting new possibilities for our company.” In his previous role, Wallen was responsible for the strategic vision, creation and deployment of the studio’s CG production platform and software tools. He was a winner of InfoWorld’s 2012 Technology Leadership Awards. Wallen joined DWA in 2008 as Head of Research and Development. The role of Chief Technology Officer was previously held by Ed Leonard, who is now serving as CEO of Ptch, a new mobile app incubated at DreamWorks Animation.
DreamWorks Animation Promotes Lincoln Wallen To Chief Technology Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Film News
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…
- ‘Hounds Of Love’ Stars On A “Bloody Hard” Shoot And Horrifying “Theater Of The Mind”…