DreamWorks Animation SKG today announced that head of animation technology Lincoln Wallen has been named Chief Technology Officer. “With pixels replacing paint as the artistic medium for animation, cutting-edge technology has become key to creating films that are ever more visually spectacular,” COO Ann Daly said in a statement. “As our Head of Animation Technology, Lincoln helped get us to this transformative moment and as CTO, he will be instrumental in leading us to exciting new possibilities for our company.” In his previous role, Wallen was responsible for the strategic vision, creation and deployment of the studio’s CG production platform and software tools. He was a winner of InfoWorld’s 2012 Technology Leadership Awards. Wallen joined DWA in 2008 as Head of Research and Development. The role of Chief Technology Officer was previously held by Ed Leonard, who is now serving as CEO of Ptch, a new mobile app incubated at DreamWorks Animation.
DreamWorks Animation Promotes Lincoln Wallen To Chief Technology Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee, And Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”