DreamWorks Animation SKG today announced that head of animation technology Lincoln Wallen has been named Chief Technology Officer. “With pixels replacing paint as the artistic medium for animation, cutting-edge technology has become key to creating films that are ever more visually spectacular,” COO Ann Daly said in a statement. “As our Head of Animation Technology, Lincoln helped get us to this transformative moment and as CTO, he will be instrumental in leading us to exciting new possibilities for our company.” In his previous role, Wallen was responsible for the strategic vision, creation and deployment of the studio’s CG production platform and software tools. He was a winner of InfoWorld’s 2012 Technology Leadership Awards. Wallen joined DWA in 2008 as Head of Research and Development. The role of Chief Technology Officer was previously held by Ed Leonard, who is now serving as CEO of Ptch, a new mobile app incubated at DreamWorks Animation.
DreamWorks Animation Promotes Lincoln Wallen To Chief Technology Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’