DreamWorks Animation SKG today announced that head of animation technology Lincoln Wallen has been named Chief Technology Officer. “With pixels replacing paint as the artistic medium for animation, cutting-edge technology has become key to creating films that are ever more visually spectacular,” COO Ann Daly said in a statement. “As our Head of Animation Technology, Lincoln helped get us to this transformative moment and as CTO, he will be instrumental in leading us to exciting new possibilities for our company.” In his previous role, Wallen was responsible for the strategic vision, creation and deployment of the studio’s CG production platform and software tools. He was a winner of InfoWorld’s 2012 Technology Leadership Awards. Wallen joined DWA in 2008 as Head of Research and Development. The role of Chief Technology Officer was previously held by Ed Leonard, who is now serving as CEO of Ptch, a new mobile app incubated at DreamWorks Animation.
DreamWorks Animation Promotes Lincoln Wallen To Chief Technology Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role