DreamWorks Animation SKG today announced that head of animation technology Lincoln Wallen has been named Chief Technology Officer. “With pixels replacing paint as the artistic medium for animation, cutting-edge technology has become key to creating films that are ever more visually spectacular,” COO Ann Daly said in a statement. “As our Head of Animation Technology, Lincoln helped get us to this transformative moment and as CTO, he will be instrumental in leading us to exciting new possibilities for our company.” In his previous role, Wallen was responsible for the strategic vision, creation and deployment of the studio’s CG production platform and software tools. He was a winner of InfoWorld’s 2012 Technology Leadership Awards. Wallen joined DWA in 2008 as Head of Research and Development. The role of Chief Technology Officer was previously held by Ed Leonard, who is now serving as CEO of Ptch, a new mobile app incubated at DreamWorks Animation.
DreamWorks Animation Promotes Lincoln Wallen To Chief Technology Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’