Co-founder David Geffen converted his 3M Class B shares — which have 15 votes apiece — for Class A ones that only have one vote but that trade in the open market, the company disclosed this morning in an SEC filing. As a result, the filing says, “All of the shares of Class B Common Stock, which represent approximately 61% of the Company’s total voting power, are held by Jeffrey Katzenberg and entities controlled by him.” DreamWorks Animation adds that for the October 2 agreement it had to issue new Class A shares for Geffen and “did not receive any consideration” for doing so. Those shares were worth $20.13 apiece based on yesterday’s closing price. The Class B shareholders’ agreement bars Katzenberg and Geffen from swapping the shares, or selling to a third party, without the other’s consent, according to a summary in the DreamWorks Animation proxy. As a result of Geffen’s conversion, DreamWorks Animation now has 76,521,156 Class A shares outstanding and 7,838,731 Class B ones outstanding.
David Geffen Swaps Out Super-Voting Shares At DreamWorks Animation, Solidifying Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Control
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest Business News
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- Who’s Afraid Of Edward Albee? Dramatists Guild Backs ‘Virginia Woolf’ Playwright In Casting Dispute
- U.S.-Asia Institute Organizing Members Of Congress To Go To China In August
- Vin Diesel Escapes ‘xXx’ Sequel “Sham” Case From Ex-Biz Partner
- CBS Extends Les Moonves’ Contract 2-Years To Mid-2021
- Disney/ABC TV Group Exec Kevin Brockman Joins Second Stage Theater Board