After its first two episodes of the new season drew softer-than-normal numbers, Downton Abbey bounced back on Sunday with ratings that would make even the Dowager Countess crack a smile. Episode three of season three pulled in 9.66M viewers for a 36.9% share in the 9pm hour on ITV1. That’s an extra 1.5M compared to last week and a little over 1M more than the season debut on Sept. 16. The episode is now the third most-watched of the series’ entire UK run, according to Digital Spy. The top episodes are season two’s final two shows. Downton also outdid The X Factor on Sunday. That show, which has been providing somewhat soft lead-ins so far this season, drew 9.46M viewers last night.
‘Downton Abbey’ Hits Season High: Scores 3rd Most Watched Episode Ever In UK
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest International News
- NFL Anthem Protest Leader Colin Kaepernick: Police Actions Are “Lawful Lynching”
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘The Crown’
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief
- Hollywood Celebrates Earth Day With Environmental Shout-Outs
- Trump Tweaks NBC’s Chuck Todd Again, Defends His North Korea Stance