After its first two episodes of the new season drew softer-than-normal numbers, Downton Abbey bounced back on Sunday with ratings that would make even the Dowager Countess crack a smile. Episode three of season three pulled in 9.66M viewers for a 36.9% share in the 9pm hour on ITV1. That’s an extra 1.5M compared to last week and a little over 1M more than the season debut on Sept. 16. The episode is now the third most-watched of the series’ entire UK run, according to Digital Spy. The top episodes are season two’s final two shows. Downton also outdid The X Factor on Sunday. That show, which has been providing somewhat soft lead-ins so far this season, drew 9.46M viewers last night.
‘Downton Abbey’ Hits Season High: Scores 3rd Most Watched Episode Ever In UK
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest International News
- Channel 4 Chief Executive Alex Mahon To Keynote Mip Formats
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Willem Dafoe On Lars Von Trier, New Opportunities & Film’s Power Over TV – Berlin
- Reliance Industries Takes Stake In Eros International, Teams On $150M Fund
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus