After its first two episodes of the new season drew softer-than-normal numbers, Downton Abbey bounced back on Sunday with ratings that would make even the Dowager Countess crack a smile. Episode three of season three pulled in 9.66M viewers for a 36.9% share in the 9pm hour on ITV1. That’s an extra 1.5M compared to last week and a little over 1M more than the season debut on Sept. 16. The episode is now the third most-watched of the series’ entire UK run, according to Digital Spy. The top episodes are season two’s final two shows. Downton also outdid The X Factor on Sunday. That show, which has been providing somewhat soft lead-ins so far this season, drew 9.46M viewers last night.
‘Downton Abbey’ Hits Season High: Scores 3rd Most Watched Episode Ever In UK
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $14.9M On Day One Overseas
- STX Boards ‘Mr Robot’ Creator Sam Esmail’s ‘Sequels, Remakes & Adaptations’
- ‘Minute To Win It’s Smart Dog Media Bringing China’s ‘Super Combat Teams’ To U.S.