The Disney/ABC Television Group won the “Industry Star” top prize at last night’s Mobile Excellence Awards, held in conjunction with the Digital Hollywood conference in Marina del Rey. The Disney/ABC TV Group also picked up an award for Best Content Extension Made for Mobile, for its “Mickey Mouse Road Rally Appisode.” Mobile or digital units of several other major entertainment and media companies also picked up an MEA award each (most of them had multiple nominations among the 21 categories), including Bravo Digital Media, Fox Digital Entertainment, Marvel Entertainment, Bloomberg TV, the Los Angeles Kings, AEG Network Live and USA Today. Two tech companies with close ties to Hollywood, Shazam and Fandango, also picked up awards. For more on the nominees and winners, go to http://www.mobilexawards.com/finalists/winners. Digital Hollywood wraps later today.
Disney/ABC Nabs Prizes At Digital Confab
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’