The Disney/ABC Television Group won the “Industry Star” top prize at last night’s Mobile Excellence Awards, held in conjunction with the Digital Hollywood conference in Marina del Rey. The Disney/ABC TV Group also picked up an award for Best Content Extension Made for Mobile, for its “Mickey Mouse Road Rally Appisode.” Mobile or digital units of several other major entertainment and media companies also picked up an MEA award each (most of them had multiple nominations among the 21 categories), including Bravo Digital Media, Fox Digital Entertainment, Marvel Entertainment, Bloomberg TV, the Los Angeles Kings, AEG Network Live and USA Today. Two tech companies with close ties to Hollywood, Shazam and Fandango, also picked up awards. For more on the nominees and winners, go to http://www.mobilexawards.com/finalists/winners. Digital Hollywood wraps later today.
Disney/ABC Nabs Prizes At Digital Confab
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Benjamin Walker Joins 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast