The Disney/ABC Television Group won the “Industry Star” top prize at last night’s Mobile Excellence Awards, held in conjunction with the Digital Hollywood conference in Marina del Rey. The Disney/ABC TV Group also picked up an award for Best Content Extension Made for Mobile, for its “Mickey Mouse Road Rally Appisode.” Mobile or digital units of several other major entertainment and media companies also picked up an MEA award each (most of them had multiple nominations among the 21 categories), including Bravo Digital Media, Fox Digital Entertainment, Marvel Entertainment, Bloomberg TV, the Los Angeles Kings, AEG Network Live and USA Today. Two tech companies with close ties to Hollywood, Shazam and Fandango, also picked up awards. For more on the nominees and winners, go to http://www.mobilexawards.com/finalists/winners. Digital Hollywood wraps later today.
Disney/ABC Nabs Prizes At Digital Confab
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks