ABC says President Obama will sit down next week with Diane Sawyer in his first national interview following Wednesday night’s debate. Portions of the interview will air on Wednesday, October 10 on ABC World News, the eve of the vice presidential debate. Sawyer’s extended interview with the President will air later this month as a part of Portrait Of A President, a special series of reports that will take a closer look at the two men running for President. Sawyer anchored special Portrait Of A President reports of Sen. John McCain and then Sen. Barack Obama in 2008.
Diane Sawyer Snares First Post-Debate Interview With President Obama
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'