The helmer of Joe Dirt, New York Minute and What A Girl Wants will become the first American woman to direct a feature for the Chinese market. The Chinese-language My Lucky Star, a romantic comedy toplined by Zhang Ziyi and China pop singer Wang Leehom, is a prequel to the China hit Sophie’s Revenge. Zhang reprises her lead role as Sophie, who embarks on a romantic adventure from Beijing to Singapore to Hong Kong to Macau. Bona Entertainment is producing with Ling Lucas, Beaver Kwei, Second Chan, William Cheng and Zhang, and the pic is being shot in mainland China. Dennie Gordon developed the pic with Kwei, Amy Snow and Huang Hai. “We are doing something new and very exciting, where a specific Hollywood style is brought to a Chinese feature”, said Gordon, who has directed multiple episodes of 30 Rock and The Office and won a DGA Award for HBO’s Tracey Takes On. She is repped by CAA. Snow is repped by Verve.
Dennie Gordon To Direct China Pic ‘My Lucky Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest Film News
- ‘Inconceivable’s Jonathan Baker, Who Filed Fraud Suit Against Emmett/Furla, Says He Has What Happened On Film…
- Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday…
- Donald Trump Blows Off Kennedy Center Honors; Avoiding “Political Distraction”
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris