The helmer of Joe Dirt, New York Minute and What A Girl Wants will become the first American woman to direct a feature for the Chinese market. The Chinese-language My Lucky Star, a romantic comedy toplined by Zhang Ziyi and China pop singer Wang Leehom, is a prequel to the China hit Sophie’s Revenge. Zhang reprises her lead role as Sophie, who embarks on a romantic adventure from Beijing to Singapore to Hong Kong to Macau. Bona Entertainment is producing with Ling Lucas, Beaver Kwei, Second Chan, William Cheng and Zhang, and the pic is being shot in mainland China. Dennie Gordon developed the pic with Kwei, Amy Snow and Huang Hai. “We are doing something new and very exciting, where a specific Hollywood style is brought to a Chinese feature”, said Gordon, who has directed multiple episodes of 30 Rock and The Office and won a DGA Award for HBO’s Tracey Takes On. She is repped by CAA. Snow is repped by Verve.
Dennie Gordon To Direct China Pic ‘My Lucky Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?