The helmer of Joe Dirt, New York Minute and What A Girl Wants will become the first American woman to direct a feature for the Chinese market. The Chinese-language My Lucky Star, a romantic comedy toplined by Zhang Ziyi and China pop singer Wang Leehom, is a prequel to the China hit Sophie’s Revenge. Zhang reprises her lead role as Sophie, who embarks on a romantic adventure from Beijing to Singapore to Hong Kong to Macau. Bona Entertainment is producing with Ling Lucas, Beaver Kwei, Second Chan, William Cheng and Zhang, and the pic is being shot in mainland China. Dennie Gordon developed the pic with Kwei, Amy Snow and Huang Hai. “We are doing something new and very exciting, where a specific Hollywood style is brought to a Chinese feature”, said Gordon, who has directed multiple episodes of 30 Rock and The Office and won a DGA Award for HBO’s Tracey Takes On. She is repped by CAA. Snow is repped by Verve.
Dennie Gordon To Direct China Pic ‘My Lucky Star’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast