Lifetime has ordered 26 episodes of Dance Moms, the docu-series that has become a breakout hit for the network. Season 2 wrapped last month and finished as the top unscripted series on cable in its Tuesday 9 PM time period among key female demos, gaining overall versus Season 1 in adults 18-49 (69%) and women 18-49 (72%) among other metrics. Dance Moms is also Lifetime’s youngest-skewing current series with a median viewer age of 32 — five years younger than Season 1’s average. The series features renowned instructor Abby Lee Miller, who trains young competition dancers at her school with their mothers watching every move — for better or worse. Collins Avenue produces.Miller also hosts the network’s dance competition series Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, which premiered last night.
‘Dance Moms’ Renewed For Season 3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV