The agreement will see Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand customers be able to watch the four most-recent episodes from CW series — including the programs the day after they air — on-demand for free. The deal, which takes effect tomorrow, marks the first time The CW has made its shows available on VOD via a multi-service operator. The series will be offered in HD and standard definition and include The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, America’s Next Top Model, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Arrow, Nikita, Beauty & the Beast, Emily Owens, M.D. and Gossip Girl. Xfinity’s on-demand platform is in more than 20 million digital TV homes and gets almost 400 million views per month.
CW Pacts With Xfinity For First On-Demand Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Sony Pictures Classics Lands Watergate Scandal Film 'The Silent Man'; Liam Neeson As 'Deep Throat' Mark Felt
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- Brent Montgomery & Bruce David Klein Among Backers Of Queens MediaWorks Non-Fiction Production Complex
- NBC’s ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ Live Musical Moved To 2018
- Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Drama ‘Blue Book’ Gets Series Order By History
- ‘Veep’ & ‘Silicon Valley’ Renewed By HBO
- ‘Suits’ Creator Aaron Korsh Inks New Overall Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central