The agreement will see Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand customers be able to watch the four most-recent episodes from CW series — including the programs the day after they air — on-demand for free. The deal, which takes effect tomorrow, marks the first time The CW has made its shows available on VOD via a multi-service operator. The series will be offered in HD and standard definition and include The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, America’s Next Top Model, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Arrow, Nikita, Beauty & the Beast, Emily Owens, M.D. and Gossip Girl. Xfinity’s on-demand platform is in more than 20 million digital TV homes and gets almost 400 million views per month.
CW Pacts With Xfinity For First On-Demand Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…