The agreement will see Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand customers be able to watch the four most-recent episodes from CW series — including the programs the day after they air — on-demand for free. The deal, which takes effect tomorrow, marks the first time The CW has made its shows available on VOD via a multi-service operator. The series will be offered in HD and standard definition and include The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, America’s Next Top Model, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Arrow, Nikita, Beauty & the Beast, Emily Owens, M.D. and Gossip Girl. Xfinity’s on-demand platform is in more than 20 million digital TV homes and gets almost 400 million views per month.
CW Pacts With Xfinity For First On-Demand Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot