The agreement will see Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand customers be able to watch the four most-recent episodes from CW series — including the programs the day after they air — on-demand for free. The deal, which takes effect tomorrow, marks the first time The CW has made its shows available on VOD via a multi-service operator. The series will be offered in HD and standard definition and include The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, America’s Next Top Model, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Arrow, Nikita, Beauty & the Beast, Emily Owens, M.D. and Gossip Girl. Xfinity’s on-demand platform is in more than 20 million digital TV homes and gets almost 400 million views per month.
CW Pacts With Xfinity For First On-Demand Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci Stumpf…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against NFL…
- NFL Draft Day 1 Ratings Lowest For ESPN Since 2013
- Kristen Hager Joins ‘The Kennedys: After Camelot’ Miniseries On Reelz
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian As SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series