The agreement will see Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand customers be able to watch the four most-recent episodes from CW series — including the programs the day after they air — on-demand for free. The deal, which takes effect tomorrow, marks the first time The CW has made its shows available on VOD via a multi-service operator. The series will be offered in HD and standard definition and include The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, America’s Next Top Model, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Arrow, Nikita, Beauty & the Beast, Emily Owens, M.D. and Gossip Girl. Xfinity’s on-demand platform is in more than 20 million digital TV homes and gets almost 400 million views per month.
CW Pacts With Xfinity For First On-Demand Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video