NBC’s reality series Fashion Star is scheduled to tape today at Hollywood Center Studios. But I’ve learned the shoot has been suspended after the crew of the show went on strike this morning seeking union representation. The action was organized by IATSE, which estimates that there are more than 50 crew members currently on the sidewalk protesting. (UPDATE: Eyewitnesses report of only a handful of picketers.) A taping with audience, slated for 1:30 PM, has been scrapped. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods. It features Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos as judges and Louise Roe as new host, replacing creator/executive producer Elle Macpherson. IATSE has been active organizing reality series through strike actions, including similar recent protests against Spike TV’s 1000 Ways To Die and Face Off and TNT’s The Great Escape. One of the highest-profile IATSE-organzied strikes was against another NBC reality series, The Biggest Loser, in 2010.
Production On ‘Fashion Star’ Shut Down As Crew Strikes Seeking Union Representation
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate