NBC’s reality series Fashion Star is scheduled to tape today at Hollywood Center Studios. But I’ve learned the shoot has been suspended after the crew of the show went on strike this morning seeking union representation. The action was organized by IATSE, which estimates that there are more than 50 crew members currently on the sidewalk protesting. (UPDATE: Eyewitnesses report of only a handful of picketers.) A taping with audience, slated for 1:30 PM, has been scrapped. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods. It features Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos as judges and Louise Roe as new host, replacing creator/executive producer Elle Macpherson. IATSE has been active organizing reality series through strike actions, including similar recent protests against Spike TV’s 1000 Ways To Die and Face Off and TNT’s The Great Escape. One of the highest-profile IATSE-organzied strikes was against another NBC reality series, The Biggest Loser, in 2010.
Production On ‘Fashion Star’ Shut Down As Crew Strikes Seeking Union Representation
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Kevin James CBS Comedy Casts Ryan Cartwright; Andy Fickman Set To Direct
- Jake Tapper Snags First TV Interview With Actress In Pulled Ted Cruz Attack Ad
- ‘Hart Of Dixie’s Wilson Bethel Joins A&E Pilot ‘The Infamous’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Ashley Judd Joins Reboot