NBC’s reality series Fashion Star is scheduled to tape today at Hollywood Center Studios. But I’ve learned the shoot has been suspended after the crew of the show went on strike this morning seeking union representation. The action was organized by IATSE, which estimates that there are more than 50 crew members currently on the sidewalk protesting. (UPDATE: Eyewitnesses report of only a handful of picketers.) A taping with audience, slated for 1:30 PM, has been scrapped. Fashion Star is produced by Ben Silverman’s Electus, 5X5 Media and Magical Elves Prods. It features Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos as judges and Louise Roe as new host, replacing creator/executive producer Elle Macpherson. IATSE has been active organizing reality series through strike actions, including similar recent protests against Spike TV’s 1000 Ways To Die and Face Off and TNT’s The Great Escape. One of the highest-profile IATSE-organzied strikes was against another NBC reality series, The Biggest Loser, in 2010.
Production On ‘Fashion Star’ Shut Down As Crew Strikes Seeking Union Representation
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT
- ‘Quantico’ Ratings Rise Behind Resurgent ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Man With a Plan’ Grows More, ‘Celebrity Apprentice…
- Tucker Carlson’s First Two Weeks In Primetime Outstrip Megyn Kelly On FNC
- NBC Greenlights Pilot ‘5 Gold Rings’, Based On ITV’s Interactive Game Show
- ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Biggest Crowd In Eight Years With Kellyanne Conway “Alternative…