Shareholders in Consolidated Media Holdings have given the green light to a $2 billion takeover offer from News Corp. The deal will double the stake of News Corp’s Australian dominant pay-TV platform Foxtel to 50 percent and give it 100 percent of content provider Fox Sports, Reuters reports. Consolidated Media’s board had backed the offer.
Consolidated Shareholders Approve $2 Billion Takeover Offer From News Corp: Reuters
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
- Discovery Spikes 'Sons Of Guns' After “Serious And Horrific” New Charges Against Star
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.