The network has picked up an eight-episode series for the weekly show. Triptank will debut on Comedy Central in the fall of 2013. The show will be an amalgamation of animated comedy shorts created by a varied list of creators, some better known than others. Larry David, The Hangover’s Zach Galafianakis, Breaking Bad’s Bob Odenkirk, Kumail Nanjiani, Go On’s Brett Gelman and Kyle Kinane all participated in the series’ pilot. Tiptank will weave together stand-alone shorts as well as recurring narrative pieces in each episode. The show is executive produced by ShadowMachine’s Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico. Monika Zielinska is the Executive in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
Comedy Central Orders Animated ‘Triptank’; Pilot Stars Larry David & Zach Galafianakis
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching