The network has picked up an eight-episode series for the weekly show. Triptank will debut on Comedy Central in the fall of 2013. The show will be an amalgamation of animated comedy shorts created by a varied list of creators, some better known than others. Larry David, The Hangover’s Zach Galafianakis, Breaking Bad’s Bob Odenkirk, Kumail Nanjiani, Go On’s Brett Gelman and Kyle Kinane all participated in the series’ pilot. Tiptank will weave together stand-alone shorts as well as recurring narrative pieces in each episode. The show is executive produced by ShadowMachine’s Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico. Monika Zielinska is the Executive in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
Comedy Central Orders Animated ‘Triptank'; Pilot Stars Larry David & Zach Galafianakis
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM