Clark Gregg will reprise his Iron Man, Thor and Avengers role as Agent Phil Coulson in the upcoming TV pilot for ABC, Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel Entertainment’s Jeph Loeb announced the news today during the company’s panel at New York Comic-Con. The pilot resurrects the Coulson character, who died in The Avengers. Gregg showed up unannounced to discuss his role as Principal Coulson on Ultimate Spider-Man. He then introduced a video in which Marvel’s The Avengers director Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige talked about the actor’s participation. Whedon is co-writing the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.
Agent Coulson Resurrected In ‘Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Pilot For ABC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video