Clark Gregg will reprise his Iron Man, Thor and Avengers role as Agent Phil Coulson in the upcoming TV pilot for ABC, Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel Entertainment’s Jeph Loeb announced the news today during the company’s panel at New York Comic-Con. The pilot resurrects the Coulson character, who died in The Avengers. Gregg showed up unannounced to discuss his role as Principal Coulson on Ultimate Spider-Man. He then introduced a video in which Marvel’s The Avengers director Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige talked about the actor’s participation. Whedon is co-writing the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.
Agent Coulson Resurrected In ‘Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Pilot For ABC
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot