Clark Gregg will reprise his Iron Man, Thor and Avengers role as Agent Phil Coulson in the upcoming TV pilot for ABC, Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel Entertainment’s Jeph Loeb announced the news today during the company’s panel at New York Comic-Con. The pilot resurrects the Coulson character, who died in The Avengers. Gregg showed up unannounced to discuss his role as Principal Coulson on Ultimate Spider-Man. He then introduced a video in which Marvel’s The Avengers director Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige talked about the actor’s participation. Whedon is co-writing the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.
Agent Coulson Resurrected In ‘Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Pilot For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More