Christoph Waltz will play former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in Reykjavik, Mike Newell’s upcoming film about the 1986 meeting between Gorbachev and Ronald Reagan that signaled the end of the Cold War. Michael Douglas is playing Reagan. Headline Pictures, Scott Free Productions, Participant Media and Mark Sennet Productions are producing with a March 2013 start set in Iceland and at Germany’s Studio Babelsberg. Becoming Jane’s Kevin Hood wrote the screenplay. HanWay Films is handling international sales. Jere Sullivan, vice chairman of International Public Affairs for communications firm Edelman, and foreign policy expert Ken Adelman, who was part of the negotiating team for Reagan at the Reykjavik Summit, are on board as exec producers.
Christoph Waltz Joins Michael Douglas In Mike Newell’s Historical Drama ‘Reykjavik’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…