EXCLUSIVE: Chris Hemsworth is proving to be a go-to young guy for big ticket Hollywood fare. Particularly after Marvel’s Thor and The Avengers and also Universal’s Snow White And The Huntsman. He is starring in Thor 2 and will lead DreamWorks/Fox’s Steven Spielberg-directed Robopocalypse and receive $10 million from CBS Films to play a terrorist hunter in American Assassin. So which agency will represent Hollywood’s hottest new action hunk is big news. I can now tell you it is CAA. Insiders tell me one of his reasons for choosing Bryan Lourd and Jack Whigham was because their agency reps a lot of other Marvel top talent like Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johannsen. There was a feeding frenzy when Hemsworth decided to take new agency meetings with CAA, WME, UTA, and ICM starting after Labor Day when he decided to leave IFA Talent president Ilene Feldman after 4 years. That also meant CAA was no longer hamstrung by its no-poaching agreement with Feldman. I heard the problems with Feldman developed first around the negotiations for Thor 2 and intensified around the time Spielberg decided to cast him in mid-July. The actor is staying with ROAR Management’s William Ward who discovered him about 5 years ago when Hemsworth was still just an Australian TV star.
Chris Hemsworth Picks CAA As New Agency
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- Gigi Pritzker & Clint Kisker’s MWM Invests In Ben Proudfoot’s Breakwater Studios
- Deadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘The Greatest Showman’ Breakout Keala Settle Finds Inspiration In Anthemic ‘This Is Me…
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- ‘On Her Shoulders’ Teaser: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People