NBC has put in development Sixth Gun, a drama based on the Oni Press graphic novel, which is being executive produced by former Lost co-showrunner Carlton Cuse. Sixth Gun, produced by Universal TV, is the story of six mythical guns in the Old West. When the Sixth Gun, the most powerful and dangerous of the group, resurfaces in the hands of an innocent girl named Becky Montcrief, dark forces reawaken. Vile men thought long dead set their sights on retrieving the gun and killing Becky. Only Drake Sinclair, a self-serving gunfighter, stands in evil’s way. Feature writer Ryan Condal will write the script and will executive produce with Cuse as well as Eric Gitter and Andy Bourne of Oni Press’s sister company, film/TV producer Closed on Mondays Entertainment. I hear Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria had been eying the property for awhile and brought it to Cuse’s attention. Condal has several feature projects in the works, including Hercules: The Thracian Wars, also a comic book adaptation, which has Dwayne Johnson attached to star and Brett Ratner to direct.
Carlton Cuse To Produce Series Adaptation Of Oni Press’ ‘Sixth Gun’ Comic For NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Colbert Cold Open Goes Hard Right: ‘Late Show’ Haters Stunned By Trump
- BBC Commissions New Dramas From ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ Scribe & ‘Poldark’ Producer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios