NBC has put in development Sixth Gun, a drama based on the Oni Press graphic novel, which is being executive produced by former Lost co-showrunner Carlton Cuse. Sixth Gun, produced by Universal TV, is the story of six mythical guns in the Old West. When the Sixth Gun, the most powerful and dangerous of the group, resurfaces in the hands of an innocent girl named Becky Montcrief, dark forces reawaken. Vile men thought long dead set their sights on retrieving the gun and killing Becky. Only Drake Sinclair, a self-serving gunfighter, stands in evil’s way. Feature writer Ryan Condal will write the script and will executive produce with Cuse as well as Eric Gitter and Andy Bourne of Oni Press’s sister company, film/TV producer Closed on Mondays Entertainment. I hear Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria had been eying the property for awhile and brought it to Cuse’s attention. Condal has several feature projects in the works, including Hercules: The Thracian Wars, also a comic book adaptation, which has Dwayne Johnson attached to star and Brett Ratner to direct.
Carlton Cuse To Produce Series Adaptation Of Oni Press’ ‘Sixth Gun’ Comic For NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'