EXCLUSIVE: Bumble Ward has just left 20th Century Fox, some 18 months into her two-year contract as EVP Publicity for Fox’s Film Marketing unit. Nobody was being specific about the reasons for her exit, but it clearly didn’t work out. Ward would only say that she had a “great time and loved working with the department on the campaigns for films like Life Of Pi, Prometheus and Chronicle, but we’ve decided it was time to move on.” Ward, who ran her own director-driven shop before she folded it to focus on creative writing, said she will now explore other opportunities, while she continues writing on the side. Fox will begin looking for a new exec veep soon. Ward’s last day was yesterday.
Bumble Ward Exiting Fox Publicity Post
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi’…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney