EXCLUSIVE: Bumble Ward has just left 20th Century Fox, some 18 months into her two-year contract as EVP Publicity for Fox’s Film Marketing unit. Nobody was being specific about the reasons for her exit, but it clearly didn’t work out. Ward would only say that she had a “great time and loved working with the department on the campaigns for films like Life Of Pi, Prometheus and Chronicle, but we’ve decided it was time to move on.” Ward, who ran her own director-driven shop before she folded it to focus on creative writing, said she will now explore other opportunities, while she continues writing on the side. Fox will begin looking for a new exec veep soon. Ward’s last day was yesterday.
Bumble Ward Exiting Fox Publicity Post
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: James Dixon Wins; Katzenberg Woes; American Sniper Wows; ‘Ghostbusters’ Cast, Whoa!
- Robert Redford-Nick Nolte Pic’ A Walk In The Woods’ Lands Whopping Broad Green Deal – Sundance
- Bleecker Street Acquires ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ – Sundance
- Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’ Acquired By The Orchard & Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions – Update
- Steinbeck’s ‘In Dubious Battle’ Helmed By James Franco With Strong Cast – Berlin
- Peter Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’ – Update