EXCLUSIVE: Bumble Ward has just left 20th Century Fox, some 18 months into her two-year contract as EVP Publicity for Fox’s Film Marketing unit. Nobody was being specific about the reasons for her exit, but it clearly didn’t work out. Ward would only say that she had a “great time and loved working with the department on the campaigns for films like Life Of Pi, Prometheus and Chronicle, but we’ve decided it was time to move on.” Ward, who ran her own director-driven shop before she folded it to focus on creative writing, said she will now explore other opportunities, while she continues writing on the side. Fox will begin looking for a new exec veep soon. Ward’s last day was yesterday.
Bumble Ward Exiting Fox Publicity Post
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'