EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Summit Entertainment will report that first day advance ticket sales for Breaking Dawn – Part 2 are outpacing Part 1. Tickets went on sale Monday and grosses already are shattering Twilight Saga films as the last in the series gets ready to release November 16th. In comparison to Part 1, Summit’s first day total for Part 2 advance ticket sales is 87% higher. (Part 1 came in at $626K; Part 2 at $1.17 million). Over a quarter of all tickets sold yesterday were from moviegoers snapping up tickets for ‘The Twilight Saga Marathon’ show which offers fans the chance to screen all of the films in the franchise on November 15th before the release of the final installment. Summit’s first day total for Part 2 is already running ahead of the three-day cume for Part 1. The conclusion to the Twilight Saga franchise stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner as Bella, Edward, and Jacob. The film based on the 4th novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series was written by Melissa Rosenberg, directed by Bill Condon, with Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt and Stephenie Meyer producing.
‘Breaking Dawn Part 2’ First-Day Advance Sales Shattering Twilight Saga’s ‘Part 1’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘M. Butterfly’ Revival With Clive Owen Sets Earlier Closing Date
- Goops! Gwyneth Paltrow Is Go-Going To Co-Produce ‘Head Over Heels’ On Broadway
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening
- Alec Baldwin Eyes Broadway For Solo Trump Show, With Lorne Michaels’ Blessing
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Easily Fandango’s Top Advance Ticket Seller Of 2017
- Broadway B.O.: Mark Rylance & SpongeBob SquarePants Join The Starry Field & The Boss Is Back