EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Summit Entertainment will report that first day advance ticket sales for Breaking Dawn – Part 2 are outpacing Part 1. Tickets went on sale Monday and grosses already are shattering Twilight Saga films as the last in the series gets ready to release November 16th. In comparison to Part 1, Summit’s first day total for Part 2 advance ticket sales is 87% higher. (Part 1 came in at $626K; Part 2 at $1.17 million). Over a quarter of all tickets sold yesterday were from moviegoers snapping up tickets for ‘The Twilight Saga Marathon’ show which offers fans the chance to screen all of the films in the franchise on November 15th before the release of the final installment. Summit’s first day total for Part 2 is already running ahead of the three-day cume for Part 1. The conclusion to the Twilight Saga franchise stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner as Bella, Edward, and Jacob. The film based on the 4th novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series was written by Melissa Rosenberg, directed by Bill Condon, with Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt and Stephenie Meyer producing.
‘Breaking Dawn Part 2’ First-Day Advance Sales Shattering Twilight Saga’s ‘Part 1’
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Blair Brown Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘Parisian Woman’ On Broadway; Bedlam Revives ‘Peter Pan’
- Broadway Box Office: Brendon Urie Kicks ‘Kinky Boots’ To $1.4M; Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ Up $207K
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- How Warner Bros Beat The Period-Film Curse At The B.O. & Positioned ‘Dunkirk’ As A Summer Tentpole
- 'Landline' Dials In With Top Number; 'The Beguiled' Crosses $10M – Specialty Box Office