Bradley Whitford is set to co-star opposite Malin Ackerman in ABC‘s single-camera comedy pilot Trophy Wife. Marcia Gay Harden is in negotiations for the project, written by Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins and directed by Jason Moore. Trophy Wife centers on reformed party girl Kate (Akerman), who finds herself with an insta-family when she falls in love with Brad (Whitford), a successful charmer with a quirky sense of humor who has three manipulative kids and two judgmental ex-wives. Harden is in negotiations to play Brad’s thoroughly intimidating first wife Diane, a former Olympic swimmer who is now an orthopedic surgeon and the mother of their 15-ear-old fraternal twins. ABC Studios is producing the pilot, executive produced by Halpern and Haskins, Lee Eisenberg & Gene Stupnitsky. Emmy winner Bradley Whitford, repped by WME and Greenlight Management, starred in the Fox drama pilot The Asset last season. Oscar winner Harden, repped by UTA and Framework, starred in NBC’s comedy pilot Isabel last spring.
Bradley Whitford Set, Marcia Gay Harden In Negotiations For ABC Pilot ‘Trophy Wife’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'