The official announcement is expected tomorrow, but we can confirm that Beyonce has signed on to play the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on February 3, live on CBS. There’s always plenty of hype surrounding this choice, and for good reason: Madonna last year drew more average viewers for her halftime performance than the overall average of the game (and a good game at that, with the Giants knocking off the Patriots). Officials have been more careful with their halftime choices since Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction” back in 2004, with the likes of mainstays Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Prince, Bruce Springsteen, The Who and Tom Petty getting the call post-Janet. But Beyonce is at the top of her game right now — and she can bring Jay-Z to boot.
UPDATE: Beyonce Set For Super Bowl Halftime
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash