The official announcement is expected tomorrow, but we can confirm that Beyonce has signed on to play the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on February 3, live on CBS. There’s always plenty of hype surrounding this choice, and for good reason: Madonna last year drew more average viewers for her halftime performance than the overall average of the game (and a good game at that, with the Giants knocking off the Patriots). Officials have been more careful with their halftime choices since Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction” back in 2004, with the likes of mainstays Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Prince, Bruce Springsteen, The Who and Tom Petty getting the call post-Janet. But Beyonce is at the top of her game right now — and she can bring Jay-Z to boot.
UPDATE: Beyonce Set For Super Bowl Halftime
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Natalie Dormer To Topline & Produce Vivien Leigh Series With FremantleMedia & UK’s Mainstreet Pictures
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series