The official announcement is expected tomorrow, but we can confirm that Beyonce has signed on to play the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on February 3, live on CBS. There’s always plenty of hype surrounding this choice, and for good reason: Madonna last year drew more average viewers for her halftime performance than the overall average of the game (and a good game at that, with the Giants knocking off the Patriots). Officials have been more careful with their halftime choices since Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction” back in 2004, with the likes of mainstays Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Prince, Bruce Springsteen, The Who and Tom Petty getting the call post-Janet. But Beyonce is at the top of her game right now — and she can bring Jay-Z to boot.
UPDATE: Beyonce Set For Super Bowl Halftime
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer
- Alexa Platt Returns To Open Road Films After Stint At AwesomenessTV