Best Buy warned late today that earnings and same-store sales would be lower in its third quarter that ends November 3. The electronics and entertainment software retailer also said the head of its U.S. business Mike Vitelli will leave at year-end as part of a restructuring begun by new CEO Hubert Joly. Shares fell 6.8% after hours to $15.77 from their $16.92 close. The EVP of U.S. operations also will exit. Shawn Score, head of Best Buy Mobile stores that sell phones and tablets, has been appointed to head U.S. store operations, the Wall Street Journal said.
Best Buy Stock Falls After Earnings Warning
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest Film News
- Watch The ‘Rogue One’ World Premiere Livestream Here
- How ‘La La Land’ Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original…
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Sweeps European Film Awards; Makes History At Message-Heavy Ceremony – Full List
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- ‘Moana’ Pushes ‘Office Christmas Party’ Off Her Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Early AM…
- Boston Online Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Film Of 2016