Best Buy warned late today that earnings and same-store sales would be lower in its third quarter that ends November 3. The electronics and entertainment software retailer also said the head of its U.S. business Mike Vitelli will leave at year-end as part of a restructuring begun by new CEO Hubert Joly. Shares fell 6.8% after hours to $15.77 from their $16.92 close. The EVP of U.S. operations also will exit. Shawn Score, head of Best Buy Mobile stores that sell phones and tablets, has been appointed to head U.S. store operations, the Wall Street Journal said.
Best Buy Stock Falls After Earnings Warning
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’