Best Buy warned late today that earnings and same-store sales would be lower in its third quarter that ends November 3. The electronics and entertainment software retailer also said the head of its U.S. business Mike Vitelli will leave at year-end as part of a restructuring begun by new CEO Hubert Joly. Shares fell 6.8% after hours to $15.77 from their $16.92 close. The EVP of U.S. operations also will exit. Shawn Score, head of Best Buy Mobile stores that sell phones and tablets, has been appointed to head U.S. store operations, the Wall Street Journal said.
Best Buy Stock Falls After Earnings Warning
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”