Best Buy warned late today that earnings and same-store sales would be lower in its third quarter that ends November 3. The electronics and entertainment software retailer also said the head of its U.S. business Mike Vitelli will leave at year-end as part of a restructuring begun by new CEO Hubert Joly. Shares fell 6.8% after hours to $15.77 from their $16.92 close. The EVP of U.S. operations also will exit. Shawn Score, head of Best Buy Mobile stores that sell phones and tablets, has been appointed to head U.S. store operations, the Wall Street Journal said.
Best Buy Stock Falls After Earnings Warning
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut