Apple reported disappointing Q4 results last week and shares were down about 9.5% over the last month as investors wondered whether the company can continue to fly high. On Monday, in its biggest management shake-up in years, Apple announced the departure of software chief Scott Forstall and retail head John Browett. Forstall, who oversaw the launch of the flawed Apple Maps this year and the Siri voice-enabled assistant had often been described as an heir-apparent to Steve Jobs, but is said to have clashed with management since Jobs’ death. He’ll leave next year and serve as an advisor to Apple CEO Tim Cook in the interim. Eddy Cue, who helped create the iTunes music store and the App Store, becomes responsible for Siri and Maps in the wake of Forstall’s departure. A new search is underway to replace Browett with the retail team reporting directly to Cook in the meantime. The company said the changes, which give increased responsibility to a number of execs, will “encourage even more collaboration between the Company’s world-class hardware, software and services teams.”Jony Ive, head of industrial design, will also oversee Human Interface across the company. Bob Mansfield will lead Technologies, a new group that combines all of Apple’s wireless teams and Craig Federighi will lead iOS and OS X, combining the mobile and desktop operating systems in one team.
Apple Software Chief Scott Forstall And Retail Head John Browett Exiting Company
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest International News
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Donald Trump Praises Brexit, Slams EU & NATO In First Euro Post-Election Interview
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Finale Hits Series Low; BBC Probing Russian Online Leak
- 'Sherlock' Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale’s Thrills & Heart; Is This Really 'The Final Problem' For The Baker…
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…