Apple reported disappointing Q4 results last week and shares were down about 9.5% over the last month as investors wondered whether the company can continue to fly high. On Monday, in its biggest management shake-up in years, Apple announced the departure of software chief Scott Forstall and retail head John Browett. Forstall, who oversaw the launch of the flawed Apple Maps this year and the Siri voice-enabled assistant had often been described as an heir-apparent to Steve Jobs, but is said to have clashed with management since Jobs’ death. He’ll leave next year and serve as an advisor to Apple CEO Tim Cook in the interim. Eddy Cue, who helped create the iTunes music store and the App Store, becomes responsible for Siri and Maps in the wake of Forstall’s departure. A new search is underway to replace Browett with the retail team reporting directly to Cook in the meantime. The company said the changes, which give increased responsibility to a number of execs, will “encourage even more collaboration between the Company’s world-class hardware, software and services teams.”Jony Ive, head of industrial design, will also oversee Human Interface across the company. Bob Mansfield will lead Technologies, a new group that combines all of Apple’s wireless teams and Craig Federighi will lead iOS and OS X, combining the mobile and desktop operating systems in one team.
Apple Software Chief Scott Forstall And Retail Head John Browett Exiting Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest International News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process