Apple reported disappointing Q4 results last week and shares were down about 9.5% over the last month as investors wondered whether the company can continue to fly high. On Monday, in its biggest management shake-up in years, Apple announced the departure of software chief Scott Forstall and retail head John Browett. Forstall, who oversaw the launch of the flawed Apple Maps this year and the Siri voice-enabled assistant had often been described as an heir-apparent to Steve Jobs, but is said to have clashed with management since Jobs’ death. He’ll leave next year and serve as an advisor to Apple CEO Tim Cook in the interim. Eddy Cue, who helped create the iTunes music store and the App Store, becomes responsible for Siri and Maps in the wake of Forstall’s departure. A new search is underway to replace Browett with the retail team reporting directly to Cook in the meantime. The company said the changes, which give increased responsibility to a number of execs, will “encourage even more collaboration between the Company’s world-class hardware, software and services teams.”Jony Ive, head of industrial design, will also oversee Human Interface across the company. Bob Mansfield will lead Technologies, a new group that combines all of Apple’s wireless teams and Craig Federighi will lead iOS and OS X, combining the mobile and desktop operating systems in one team.
Apple Software Chief Scott Forstall And Retail Head John Browett Exiting Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest International News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims