Apple‘s stock — which topped $700 in mid-September — briefly dipped under $600 and remained -1% in after-market trading after reporting disappointing results for the most recent quarter. It’s not that the company did badly. Indeed, for anyone else the results would be considered fantastic: Apple reported net income of $8.2B for its fiscal Q4, +24.2% vs the period last year, on revenues of nearly $36B, +27.2%. The revenue figure slightly beat the Street’s expectations for $35.8B. But earnings per share, at $8.67, were below forecasts for $8.75. Apple’s bare-bones announcement says that it sold 26.9M iPhones in the quarter (+58% vs last year) as well as 14.0M iPads (+26%), 4.9M Macs (+1%), and 5.3M iPods (-19%). The company says it expects to generate $52B in revenue next year, with earnings per share of about $11.75. “We’re very proud to end a fantastic fiscal year with record September quarter results,” CEO Tim Cook says. “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.” Apple shares are down about 9.5% over the last month as many investors began to wonder whether the tech company can continue to soar. Reactions to its iPad Mini have been mixed — and it faces intensifying competition from phones and tablets powered by Google’s Android and Microsoft’s Windows operating systems.
Apple’s Fiscal Q4 Earnings Fail To Reassure Anxious Investors
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Business News
- Feds Want ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller To Get 2.5 Years In Prison For Fraud Case
- Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ Case Gets Tossed – Again
- Department Of Labor Finds $750,000 Misappropriated From SAG Pension & Health Plans
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: “Country Is Lost”, Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be “Deplorable”…
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Facing Counter Suit In Payments Dispute With Ocean Blue – Update