Former Warner Bros executive John Ridley has joined Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way as Vice-President of Production. “I’m looking forward to John helping us to connect with the best filmmakers and storytellers in the business,” said DiCaprio today. Ridley will work directly with Appian’s President of Production Jennifer Davisson Killoran. “We are so pleased to bring John into the Appian Way family,” said Killoran. Formally joining the Warner Bros-based production company next week, Ridley will work on the Eli Roth-directed and Brian Tucker re-written Harker, starring Russell Crowe. He will also be a part of Appian’s development of Erik Larson’s 2003 Devil In The White City and Gone Baby Gone author Dennis Lehane’s new novel Live By Night. DiCaprio, who is currently filming Appian’s The Wolf of Wall Street with director Martin Scorsese, will star in White City. Ben Affleck is set to write, direct and star in the Live By Night adaptation. Ridley was recently VP of production and development at Hollywood Gang Productions A former assistant to Jeff Robinov, he was a Creative Executive at Warner Bros from 2008 to 2010 when he left to join Hollywood Gang.
Appian Way Adds John Ridley As VP Production
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger