EXCLUSIVE: Here’s another writer/director who came out of the Toronto Film Festival with a major agency pushing his career. WME has signed writer/director Rowan Athale, whose directorial debut heist film Wasteland got him chased by all the agencies. The film is Trainspotting meets Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels. Athale is currently in discussions to adapt and direct the remake of Yellow Sea for Fox International. The British helmer will continue to be managed by Mady Niel at Independent.
Another Toronto Directing Sign: WME To Rep ‘Wasteland’s Rowan Athale
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films