EXCLUSIVE: Here’s another writer/director who came out of the Toronto Film Festival with a major agency pushing his career. WME has signed writer/director Rowan Athale, whose directorial debut heist film Wasteland got him chased by all the agencies. The film is Trainspotting meets Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels. Athale is currently in discussions to adapt and direct the remake of Yellow Sea for Fox International. The British helmer will continue to be managed by Mady Niel at Independent.
Another Toronto Directing Sign: WME To Rep ‘Wasteland’s Rowan Athale
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings