New York Supreme Court Judge Richard Lowe III abruptly dismissed the jury for the day, telling both sides in the case that they need to focus on the legal issues that have sidetracked the trial pitting AMC Networks against Dish Network in a breach of contract dispute relating to AMC’s now-shuttered VOOM HD channels. Dish chairman Charlie Ergen now is expected to take the stand Monday, according to Susquehanna’s Thomas Claps, who is watching the trial. The Wall Street Journal reports that lawyers for both sides were meeting in private before the judge cancelled the proceedings.
AMC Networks-Dish Trial Shut Down Until Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con