New York Supreme Court Judge Richard Lowe III abruptly dismissed the jury for the day, telling both sides in the case that they need to focus on the legal issues that have sidetracked the trial pitting AMC Networks against Dish Network in a breach of contract dispute relating to AMC’s now-shuttered VOOM HD channels. Dish chairman Charlie Ergen now is expected to take the stand Monday, according to Susquehanna’s Thomas Claps, who is watching the trial. The Wall Street Journal reports that lawyers for both sides were meeting in private before the judge cancelled the proceedings.
AMC Networks-Dish Trial Shut Down Until Monday
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…