New York Supreme Court Judge Richard Lowe III abruptly dismissed the jury for the day, telling both sides in the case that they need to focus on the legal issues that have sidetracked the trial pitting AMC Networks against Dish Network in a breach of contract dispute relating to AMC’s now-shuttered VOOM HD channels. Dish chairman Charlie Ergen now is expected to take the stand Monday, according to Susquehanna’s Thomas Claps, who is watching the trial. The Wall Street Journal reports that lawyers for both sides were meeting in private before the judge cancelled the proceedings.
AMC Networks-Dish Trial Shut Down Until Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV