New York Supreme Court Judge Richard Lowe III abruptly dismissed the jury for the day, telling both sides in the case that they need to focus on the legal issues that have sidetracked the trial pitting AMC Networks against Dish Network in a breach of contract dispute relating to AMC’s now-shuttered VOOM HD channels. Dish chairman Charlie Ergen now is expected to take the stand Monday, according to Susquehanna’s Thomas Claps, who is watching the trial. The Wall Street Journal reports that lawyers for both sides were meeting in private before the judge cancelled the proceedings.
AMC Networks-Dish Trial Shut Down Until Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week