Bloomberg reports that Al Pacino is receiving a minimum of $125,000 a week and also is entitled to 5% of profits for the 10-week run of David Mamet’s drama now in previews. Pacino’s profit participation is contingent on the roughly $2.3M production paying back investors, according to the operating agreement obtained by Bloomberg for Glengarry Broadway LLC, the limited liability company formed to mount the revival. Should weekly ticket sales exceed $1.25M after deducting for commissions, Bloomberg says Pacino enjoys another revenue stream: 10% of box office above $1.25M. Bloomberg says it’s one of the biggest-ever pay packages for a Broadway star. Pacino is playing washed-up huckster Shelly Levene on Broadway in David Mamet’s Pulitzer Prize-winning Glengarry Glen Ross. (Ricky Roma was the role that earned Pacino an Academy Award nomination in the 1992 film version.) Pacino’s pay tops that of Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane, who each were paid $100,000 a week plus a sliver of profits when they returned to The Producers for three months in 2004, Bloomberg says. While for 2009’s A Steady Rain, Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig each earned as much as $120,000 per week or 10% of the box office, Bloomberg adds.
Al Pacino Pocketing One Of Broadway’s Top Pay Packages For ‘Glengarry Glen Ross’
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…