Bloomberg reports that Al Pacino is receiving a minimum of $125,000 a week and also is entitled to 5% of profits for the 10-week run of David Mamet’s drama now in previews. Pacino’s profit participation is contingent on the roughly $2.3M production paying back investors, according to the operating agreement obtained by Bloomberg for Glengarry Broadway LLC, the limited liability company formed to mount the revival. Should weekly ticket sales exceed $1.25M after deducting for commissions, Bloomberg says Pacino enjoys another revenue stream: 10% of box office above $1.25M. Bloomberg says it’s one of the biggest-ever pay packages for a Broadway star. Pacino is playing washed-up huckster Shelly Levene on Broadway in David Mamet’s Pulitzer Prize-winning Glengarry Glen Ross. (Ricky Roma was the role that earned Pacino an Academy Award nomination in the 1992 film version.) Pacino’s pay tops that of Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane, who each were paid $100,000 a week plus a sliver of profits when they returned to The Producers for three months in 2004, Bloomberg says. While for 2009’s A Steady Rain, Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig each earned as much as $120,000 per week or 10% of the box office, Bloomberg adds.
Al Pacino Pocketing One Of Broadway’s Top Pay Packages For ‘Glengarry Glen Ross’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners