Bloomberg reports that Al Pacino is receiving a minimum of $125,000 a week and also is entitled to 5% of profits for the 10-week run of David Mamet’s drama now in previews. Pacino’s profit participation is contingent on the roughly $2.3M production paying back investors, according to the operating agreement obtained by Bloomberg for Glengarry Broadway LLC, the limited liability company formed to mount the revival. Should weekly ticket sales exceed $1.25M after deducting for commissions, Bloomberg says Pacino enjoys another revenue stream: 10% of box office above $1.25M. Bloomberg says it’s one of the biggest-ever pay packages for a Broadway star. Pacino is playing washed-up huckster Shelly Levene on Broadway in David Mamet’s Pulitzer Prize-winning Glengarry Glen Ross. (Ricky Roma was the role that earned Pacino an Academy Award nomination in the 1992 film version.) Pacino’s pay tops that of Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane, who each were paid $100,000 a week plus a sliver of profits when they returned to The Producers for three months in 2004, Bloomberg says. While for 2009’s A Steady Rain, Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig each earned as much as $120,000 per week or 10% of the box office, Bloomberg adds.
Al Pacino Pocketing One Of Broadway’s Top Pay Packages For ‘Glengarry Glen Ross’
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit
- Susan Lacy Explains Making Of Her Steven Spielberg Documentary For HBO – TCA
- Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor DeObia Oparei
- ‘UnReal’ Star Caitlin FitzGerald Joins ‘The Man Who Killed Hitler Then The Bigfoot’