The Solution Entertainment Group will help finance the horror pic Cooties starring Elijah Wood and the John Cusack thriller Due Process. The new genre film production and international sales label launched by Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel’s The Solution Entertainment Group will introduce the films to buyers at the American Film Market set to get underway tomorrow in Santa Monica. Synchronicity also will shop the completed psychological thriller Smiley. Cooties was co-written by Leigh Whannell (Insidious) and Glee co-creator Ian Brennan and directed by Ace Norton. The film begins when a mysterious virus hits an isolated elementary school, transforming the pre-adolescent children into a feral swarm of mindless savages. An unlikely hero must lead a motley band of teachers in the fight of their lives against the monstrous pupils. Producers include Wood and Steven Schneider, a producer on the Paranormal Activity franchise. Paradigm is handling North American rights, with Cooties set to start shooting in April. The Paul Currie-directed Due Process tells the harrowing story of two big city bankers who head to a farm to foreclose it, but get more than they bargained for when the farmer (Cusack) is not willing to hand it over. Synchronicity is handling international distribution rights for the films. Wood is repped by Brillstein Partners, WME and lawyer Neil Meyer. Cusack is repped by CAA and Gersh.
AFM: Solution’s Synchronicity To Back New Elijah Wood, John Cusack Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’