The Solution Entertainment Group will help finance the horror pic Cooties starring Elijah Wood and the John Cusack thriller Due Process. The new genre film production and international sales label launched by Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel’s The Solution Entertainment Group will introduce the films to buyers at the American Film Market set to get underway tomorrow in Santa Monica. Synchronicity also will shop the completed psychological thriller Smiley. Cooties was co-written by Leigh Whannell (Insidious) and Glee co-creator Ian Brennan and directed by Ace Norton. The film begins when a mysterious virus hits an isolated elementary school, transforming the pre-adolescent children into a feral swarm of mindless savages. An unlikely hero must lead a motley band of teachers in the fight of their lives against the monstrous pupils. Producers include Wood and Steven Schneider, a producer on the Paranormal Activity franchise. Paradigm is handling North American rights, with Cooties set to start shooting in April. The Paul Currie-directed Due Process tells the harrowing story of two big city bankers who head to a farm to foreclose it, but get more than they bargained for when the farmer (Cusack) is not willing to hand it over. Synchronicity is handling international distribution rights for the films. Wood is repped by Brillstein Partners, WME and lawyer Neil Meyer. Cusack is repped by CAA and Gersh.
AFM: Solution’s Synchronicity To Back New Elijah Wood, John Cusack Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role