Millennium Films has acquired to rights to Eliza Graves, a thrilller to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist). The movie is about a new physician who arrives to apprentice at a mental institution where he falls in love with a patient under circumstances that are more complicated than they seem. Joseph Gangemi’s screenplay is based on the Edgar Allan Poe short story “The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.” Bruce Davey and Mel Gibson are producing Eliza Graves for Icon Productions. Also producing for Sobini Pictures are Mark Amin and Cami Winikoff, and Oren Peli. Exec producers are David Higgins, Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman. Millennium plans to start production in spring 2013 and will begin making offers to principal cast next week.
AFM: Millennium Films Buys ‘Eliza Graves’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'