Millennium Films has acquired to rights to Eliza Graves, a thrilller to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist). The movie is about a new physician who arrives to apprentice at a mental institution where he falls in love with a patient under circumstances that are more complicated than they seem. Joseph Gangemi’s screenplay is based on the Edgar Allan Poe short story “The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.” Bruce Davey and Mel Gibson are producing Eliza Graves for Icon Productions. Also producing for Sobini Pictures are Mark Amin and Cami Winikoff, and Oren Peli. Exec producers are David Higgins, Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman. Millennium plans to start production in spring 2013 and will begin making offers to principal cast next week.
AFM: Millennium Films Buys ‘Eliza Graves’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'