EXCLUSIVE: Community creator Dan Harmon is back on the air with a new series, this time on Adult Swim. The network has given a series order to Rick & Morty, a half-hour animated comedy from Harmon and Justin Roiland. The show, which will premiere in 2014, follows a genius inventor grandfather and his less–than-genius grandson, and the journeys in life they share. Rick & Morty was originally picked up to pilot in May when it was announced at Adult Swim’s upfront. In addition to Rick & Morty, Harmon has two live-action comedy projects in development at CBS and Fox.
Adult Swim Picks Up Dan Harmon’s Animated Comedy ‘Rick & Morty’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem