EXCLUSIVE: Community creator Dan Harmon is back on the air with a new series, this time on Adult Swim. The network has given a series order to Rick & Morty, a half-hour animated comedy from Harmon and Justin Roiland. The show, which will premiere in 2014, follows a genius inventor grandfather and his less–than-genius grandson, and the journeys in life they share. Rick & Morty was originally picked up to pilot in May when it was announced at Adult Swim’s upfront. In addition to Rick & Morty, Harmon has two live-action comedy projects in development at CBS and Fox.
Adult Swim Picks Up Dan Harmon’s Animated Comedy ‘Rick & Morty’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest TV News
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order…
- Fox Names 2018 Writers Lab Participants