EXCLUSIVE: Encouraging news for freshman ABC comedy The Neighbors. While ABC is yet to pull the trigger on any back orders for freshman series, the network has given a three-script order to new comedy The Neighbors. After a solid premiere behind Modern Family, The Neighbors logged a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating (Live+Same Day) last week, tied with ABC’s new drama Last Resort and above the rating for the third new ABC series that has premiered so far, drama 666 Park Ave (1.7). The Neighbors‘ retention of The Middle’s lead-in last week was 86%. Created by Disney Animation writer Dan Fogelman (Cars, Cars 2, Tangled), the alien comedy, which launched to mix reviews, stars Jami Gertz and Lenny Venito. ABC’s new fall series, soap Nashville, launches on Wednesday, followed by the Nov. 2 debut of new comedy Malibu Country.
ABC’s ‘Neighbors’ Gets Order For 3 Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA
- 'People Magazine Awards' Sluggish In Debut, 'Big Bang' Tops Slow Thursday