EXCLUSIVE: Encouraging news for freshman ABC comedy The Neighbors. While ABC is yet to pull the trigger on any back orders for freshman series, the network has given a three-script order to new comedy The Neighbors. After a solid premiere behind Modern Family, The Neighbors logged a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating (Live+Same Day) last week, tied with ABC’s new drama Last Resort and above the rating for the third new ABC series that has premiered so far, drama 666 Park Ave (1.7). The Neighbors‘ retention of The Middle’s lead-in last week was 86%. Created by Disney Animation writer Dan Fogelman (Cars, Cars 2, Tangled), the alien comedy, which launched to mix reviews, stars Jami Gertz and Lenny Venito. ABC’s new fall series, soap Nashville, launches on Wednesday, followed by the Nov. 2 debut of new comedy Malibu Country.
ABC’s ‘Neighbors’ Gets Order For 3 Scripts
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Latest TV News
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?