EXCLUSIVE: Encouraging news for freshman ABC comedy The Neighbors. While ABC is yet to pull the trigger on any back orders for freshman series, the network has given a three-script order to new comedy The Neighbors. After a solid premiere behind Modern Family, The Neighbors logged a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating (Live+Same Day) last week, tied with ABC’s new drama Last Resort and above the rating for the third new ABC series that has premiered so far, drama 666 Park Ave (1.7). The Neighbors‘ retention of The Middle’s lead-in last week was 86%. Created by Disney Animation writer Dan Fogelman (Cars, Cars 2, Tangled), the alien comedy, which launched to mix reviews, stars Jami Gertz and Lenny Venito. ABC’s new fall series, soap Nashville, launches on Wednesday, followed by the Nov. 2 debut of new comedy Malibu Country.
ABC’s ‘Neighbors’ Gets Order For 3 Scripts
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Cancels 'Working the Engels'
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' For Second Season