EXCLUSIVE: Encouraging news for freshman ABC comedy The Neighbors. While ABC is yet to pull the trigger on any back orders for freshman series, the network has given a three-script order to new comedy The Neighbors. After a solid premiere behind Modern Family, The Neighbors logged a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating (Live+Same Day) last week, tied with ABC’s new drama Last Resort and above the rating for the third new ABC series that has premiered so far, drama 666 Park Ave (1.7). The Neighbors‘ retention of The Middle’s lead-in last week was 86%. Created by Disney Animation writer Dan Fogelman (Cars, Cars 2, Tangled), the alien comedy, which launched to mix reviews, stars Jami Gertz and Lenny Venito. ABC’s new fall series, soap Nashville, launches on Wednesday, followed by the Nov. 2 debut of new comedy Malibu Country.
ABC’s ‘Neighbors’ Gets Order For 3 Scripts
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup