The joint venture of Sony, Discovery and IMAX is creating 3net Studios to produce native 3D content available for its own 24/7 3D television network, as well as for partners worldwide via its growing library of native 3D content. Select projects will be completed in what the company calls “TotalD” — native 3D 4K, 2D 4K, 3D 2K and both 3D/2D HD formats — to provide content for all current and future platforms. “From television, mobile, computer and tablet companies, to broadcast channels and digital content providers, the global demand for a high-quality, native 3D programming pipeline has quickly become one of the most vital elements within the 3D ecosystem,” said Tom Cosgrove, president and CEO of 3net and 3net Studios. The studio’s distribution arm will offer original, native 3D and 4K longform and shortform content, with new projects to be announced in the coming weeks.
3net Creates Production And Distribution Unit For 3D Content
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?