The second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history will be available on DVD and for rental Tuesday. That’s 91 days after 2016: Obama’s America was first released in a single theater July 13, one day more than the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters, and three weeks before the presidential election. Lionsgate Entertainment are distributing. Amazon and iTunes, among others, have 2016 available now for pre-order for $19.99 and $14.99; 2016 is also available tomorrow for digital rental though those outlets. It first appeared on Amazon late last week. “We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said co-director Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative author of the bestseller The Roots Of Obama’s Rage that was the basis for the documentary. The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences. 2016 has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
‘2016: Obama’s America’ Coming Out On DVD Tomorrow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
DNC Gavels In Calmly As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box Office…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup