The second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history will be available on DVD and for rental Tuesday. That’s 91 days after 2016: Obama’s America was first released in a single theater July 13, one day more than the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters, and three weeks before the presidential election. Lionsgate Entertainment are distributing. Amazon and iTunes, among others, have 2016 available now for pre-order for $19.99 and $14.99; 2016 is also available tomorrow for digital rental though those outlets. It first appeared on Amazon late last week. “We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said co-director Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative author of the bestseller The Roots Of Obama’s Rage that was the basis for the documentary. The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences. 2016 has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
‘2016: Obama’s America’ Coming Out On DVD Tomorrow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars