The second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history will be available on DVD and for rental Tuesday. That’s 91 days after 2016: Obama’s America was first released in a single theater July 13, one day more than the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters, and three weeks before the presidential election. Lionsgate Entertainment are distributing. Amazon and iTunes, among others, have 2016 available now for pre-order for $19.99 and $14.99; 2016 is also available tomorrow for digital rental though those outlets. It first appeared on Amazon late last week. “We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said co-director Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative author of the bestseller The Roots Of Obama’s Rage that was the basis for the documentary. The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences. 2016 has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
‘2016: Obama’s America’ Coming Out On DVD Tomorrow
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
Latest Film News
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’: 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest