The second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history will be available on DVD and for rental Tuesday. That’s 91 days after 2016: Obama’s America was first released in a single theater July 13, one day more than the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters, and three weeks before the presidential election. Lionsgate Entertainment are distributing. Amazon and iTunes, among others, have 2016 available now for pre-order for $19.99 and $14.99; 2016 is also available tomorrow for digital rental though those outlets. It first appeared on Amazon late last week. “We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said co-director Dinesh D’Souza, the conservative author of the bestseller The Roots Of Obama’s Rage that was the basis for the documentary. The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences. 2016 has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
‘2016: Obama’s America’ Coming Out On DVD Tomorrow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners