News about the move comes from anonymous sources who spoke to The New York Times‘ Brian Stelter, who’s writing a book about the morning newscasts. He says Willie Geist will serve as a backup to Matt Lauer on Today. But he’ll primarily be there to join Natalie Morales, Al Roker and Savannah Guthrie for the third hour of the broadcast. As a result, Geist will give up his 5:30 AM ET MSNBC show Way Too Early With Willie Geist. And he’ll also have less time for Morning Joe, where the NYT says Geist has served as the show’s “straight man.” Geist’s contract was due to expire at the end of September. He’s the son of CBS News correspondent Bill Geist and is repped by WME.
Willie Geist Will Host Third Hour Of ‘Today’: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Business News
- Feds Want ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller To Get 2.5 Years In Prison For Fraud Case
- Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ Case Gets Tossed – Again
- Department Of Labor Finds $750,000 Misappropriated From SAG Pension & Health Plans
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: “Country Is Lost”, Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be “Deplorable”…
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Facing Counter Suit In Payments Dispute With Ocean Blue – Update