Last night’s series finale of Showtime‘s Weeds delivered a season high, averaging 864,000 viewers at 10 PM and 1.28 million viewers for the night. It was up 7% from the Season 8 premiere (805,000) in July and 55% compared with the Season 7 finale (vs. 556,000) last September. Finale night vs. finale night, the series closer was up 74% from last year. Weeds, whose last episode couldn’t match its series highs from earlier in its run, is a heavily DVR-ed show. Its final eighth season currently averages 3.2 million total viewers across platforms, on par with Season 7.
'Weeds' Ends Run With Season-High Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion, But Anthony Scaramucci Bails…
- Comic-Con: David Harbour, Chris Meloni Talk Being Leading Men & Regretful Roles In ‘Brave New Warriors’ Panel
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Panel Kicks Off With Surprise David Lynch Video Visit – Comic-Con
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Attracts 13 Million On Traditional TV
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Brings Winter To Comic-Con Hall H: Child-Burning Witch Melisandre Advising Daenerys Targaryen?
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…