Formerly known by the working title of 300: The Battle of Artemisia, the film will now be called 300: Rise Of An Empire, the studio said today. The Legendary Pictures film is scheduled to come out on August 2, 2013. Similar to 2006’s Zack Snyder-directed 300, the prequel is based on a Frank Miller graphic novel on Greek legend. Noam Murro is directing Rise Of An Empire. Rodrigo Santoro resumes his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. Sullivan Stapleton plays the Athenian general Themistocles.
‘300’ Prequel Given Official Title By WB
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…