Formerly known by the working title of 300: The Battle of Artemisia, the film will now be called 300: Rise Of An Empire, the studio said today. The Legendary Pictures film is scheduled to come out on August 2, 2013. Similar to 2006’s Zack Snyder-directed 300, the prequel is based on a Frank Miller graphic novel on Greek legend. Noam Murro is directing Rise Of An Empire. Rodrigo Santoro resumes his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. Sullivan Stapleton plays the Athenian general Themistocles.
‘300’ Prequel Given Official Title By WB
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings