Formerly known by the working title of 300: The Battle of Artemisia, the film will now be called 300: Rise Of An Empire, the studio said today. The Legendary Pictures film is scheduled to come out on August 2, 2013. Similar to 2006’s Zack Snyder-directed 300, the prequel is based on a Frank Miller graphic novel on Greek legend. Noam Murro is directing Rise Of An Empire. Rodrigo Santoro resumes his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. Sullivan Stapleton plays the Athenian general Themistocles.
‘300’ Prequel Given Official Title By WB
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
Latest Film News
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel