Formerly known by the working title of 300: The Battle of Artemisia, the film will now be called 300: Rise Of An Empire, the studio said today. The Legendary Pictures film is scheduled to come out on August 2, 2013. Similar to 2006’s Zack Snyder-directed 300, the prequel is based on a Frank Miller graphic novel on Greek legend. Noam Murro is directing Rise Of An Empire. Rodrigo Santoro resumes his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. Sullivan Stapleton plays the Athenian general Themistocles.
‘300’ Prequel Given Official Title By WB
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- Jennifer Lawrence To Star In ‘Burial Rites’ With ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Helmer Luca…
- LAPD Opens New Roman Polanski Probe About Alleged 1975 Assault Of 10-Year-Old
- Richard Linklater On Why It Took 10 Years To Get His ‘Last Flag Flying’ To The Screen – The…
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Venom’: Woody Harrelson In Talks To Reunite With Ruben Fleischer For Comic Book Movie
- Universal Pictures Crosses $5 Billion At Global Box Office Driven By ‘Fate Of The Furious,’ ‘DM3’