Formerly known by the working title of 300: The Battle of Artemisia, the film will now be called 300: Rise Of An Empire, the studio said today. The Legendary Pictures film is scheduled to come out on August 2, 2013. Similar to 2006’s Zack Snyder-directed 300, the prequel is based on a Frank Miller graphic novel on Greek legend. Noam Murro is directing Rise Of An Empire. Rodrigo Santoro resumes his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. Sullivan Stapleton plays the Athenian general Themistocles.
‘300’ Prequel Given Official Title By WB
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing
- Keanu Reeves Starring Thriller ‘Siberia’ Rounds Its Cast; Magda Apanowicz To Co-Star In ‘Volition’
- Cannes Adds Roman Polanski’s ‘Based On A True Story’ & More Films To Lineup
- Michael Mantenuto Dies: Co-Star Of Olympic Hockey Movie ‘Miracle’ Was 35
- Longtime Sony Distribution Exec Rory Bruer Retiring From Studio
- Kevin Hart In Reboot Of ‘The Great Outdoors’ For Universal, De Luca Productions