The deal reached today brings to a close separate suits against Robert Kirkman from his former comics partner Anthony Moore in federal court and the California Superior Court. No details were revealed about their “amicable agreement” today, in which “all parties have settled the entire matter to everyone’s mutual satisfaction”, according to a joint statement. Moore filed suit last month seeking a jury trial and “a declaratory judgment that he is a joint author” of the comic on which the AMC series The Walking Dead is based, as well as co-ownership of other properties he says he created with Kirkman. In a February suit, he sought rights and royalties that he said Kirkman promised him; Moore is credited on the first six issues of The Walking Dead comics as “penciler, inker grey tones.” In March, Kirkman counterclaimed against Moore, saying he overpaid him and that Moore violated their confidentiality agreement. Kirkman is executive producer of the AMC zombie drama, which has become one of cable’s most-watched series since its 2010 debut. The third season premieres October 14.
‘Walking Dead’s Robert Kirkman Settles Suits From Former Collaborator
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations