Billie Joe Armstrong will still show up on NBC’s competition show The Voice as scheduled, Deadline has learned, though his band Green Day announced today that the singer is seeking treatment for substance abuse. “We’re taped and all set,” said an NBC rep about Armstrong’s appearance later this season as a mentor to Christina Aguilera’s team. Announced in July, Armstrong’s participation was taped this summer. On Friday at the iHeartRadio Festival, the singer let loose a flurry of expletives, smashed his guitar and left the stage after allegedly being told to end Green Day’s set. “We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances,” the band wrote. Green Day’s new album Uno! comes out Tuesday with a tour set to start November 26.
‘The Voice’ Won’t Lose Green Day Singer Despite Rehab
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom
- Fox Developing Couples Dancing Show As ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Awaits Renewal Decision
- MTV’s Nicole Byer Pilot Casts Sophie Von Haselberg, Fahim Anwar & Rachel Hilson
- Samuel Baum Inks 2-Year Deal With HBO