Billie Joe Armstrong will still show up on NBC’s competition show The Voice as scheduled, Deadline has learned, though his band Green Day announced today that the singer is seeking treatment for substance abuse. “We’re taped and all set,” said an NBC rep about Armstrong’s appearance later this season as a mentor to Christina Aguilera’s team. Announced in July, Armstrong’s participation was taped this summer. On Friday at the iHeartRadio Festival, the singer let loose a flurry of expletives, smashed his guitar and left the stage after allegedly being told to end Green Day’s set. “We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances,” the band wrote. Green Day’s new album Uno! comes out Tuesday with a tour set to start November 26.
‘The Voice’ Won’t Lose Green Day Singer Despite Rehab
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?