Billie Joe Armstrong will still show up on NBC’s competition show The Voice as scheduled, Deadline has learned, though his band Green Day announced today that the singer is seeking treatment for substance abuse. “We’re taped and all set,” said an NBC rep about Armstrong’s appearance later this season as a mentor to Christina Aguilera’s team. Announced in July, Armstrong’s participation was taped this summer. On Friday at the iHeartRadio Festival, the singer let loose a flurry of expletives, smashed his guitar and left the stage after allegedly being told to end Green Day’s set. “We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances,” the band wrote. Green Day’s new album Uno! comes out Tuesday with a tour set to start November 26.
‘The Voice’ Won’t Lose Green Day Singer Despite Rehab
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report
- Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence: Who’s Next?
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz; Spokesperson Responds…
- ‘The Expanse’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date; Unveils Trailer
- Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
- Todd Holland To Direct ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Steps’