Billie Joe Armstrong will still show up on NBC’s competition show The Voice as scheduled, Deadline has learned, though his band Green Day announced today that the singer is seeking treatment for substance abuse. “We’re taped and all set,” said an NBC rep about Armstrong’s appearance later this season as a mentor to Christina Aguilera’s team. Announced in July, Armstrong’s participation was taped this summer. On Friday at the iHeartRadio Festival, the singer let loose a flurry of expletives, smashed his guitar and left the stage after allegedly being told to end Green Day’s set. “We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances,” the band wrote. Green Day’s new album Uno! comes out Tuesday with a tour set to start November 26.
‘The Voice’ Won’t Lose Green Day Singer Despite Rehab
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con